Carvin Legacy Amp Hissing Noise - Help - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Carvin Legacy Amp Hissing Noise - Help

My Legacy head is only a few month's old. I noticed it is making more "Hiss" than normal on both channels even with nothing plugged into the input. What can this be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:39 AM

Re: Carvin Legacy Amp Hissing Noise - Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
My Legacy head is only a few month's old. I noticed it is making more "Hiss" than normal on both channels even with nothing plugged into the input. What can this be?
I tried one out and it had very loud hiss when I had effects through the loop. When I took out of the loop and ran the effects through the front, the hissing got much more quiet, but still there. I got to tell ya, I was really disapointed with the Legacy and returned mine after the 10 day trial period. I just didnt' like it at all. Okay amp, just not for me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Hmmmmmmm maybe a bum tube or something. Could be anything really. I can tell you though that the legacy are highly reguarded amps here on jemsite and you should definitely get this problem worked out. Take it to your local tech and see what he says. I'm sure once you get this little problem straightened out, you'll love the legacy.

P.S: Make sure you tv is off when the amp is on, the tv causes unwanted hiss.

Last edited by Kontalonis; 10-10-2005 at 03:02 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:46 PM
m0p

Hmm there could be many causes. Without inspecting it myself I couldn't really tell you what is wrong with it, so I'd advise you to take it to a tech and let him have a look.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 01:13 PM

sounds like either a bum tube or a dodgy contact... that its in both channels says its probably the reverb tube so check that it doesnt change as you vary the reverb tube.. if that doest work try wiggling each tube in its socket if its a dodgy contact on one of hte tube legs then wiggling htem about can fix that too... (make sure the amp is off before you do any wiggling)

Steve
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Gex

Cheap cables perhaps?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode