Carvin Legacy Effects Loops - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Carvin Legacy Effects Loops problem HELP

Hello everyone.
I own a Carvin Legacy Head with 2x12 Cab.
i love it, the sound is what im looking for.
the thing is though the effects loop is bleeding a dry signal.
i called carvin and they said i had something wrong with my amp. so i went and tried another legacy, and the same thing.
i have the volume pedal hooked as last in the effects loops before the return.
when i lift it up, all the other effects such as delay, mods, aren't heard, but the dry signal is there. the sound is low, yet still noticeable.
i tried everything from changing to mogami cables, to trying different power outlets. nothing worked.
i live in Boston, and all the amp techs said that a mod for that would cost me around $400.

What are my choices here?
i was thinking if there is like an external device that u can hook up to the effects loops to become 100% series effects loop? i really love the sound of the amp, and i really dont want to get rid of it for something like that...

Last edited by samhamade; 06-30-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the word "problem"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Re: Carvin Legacy Effects Loops

volume pedal needs to be out of the loop. i had the same issue. i also noticed a much better sound if only time based effects are in the loop. don't ask me why but as soon as i left my chorus and delay in the loop and moved my other effects out it got much better. volume pedal is now the last thing before the input on my amp. chours delay flanger is now in the loop
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

the reason i have the volume pedal at the end is because i prefer the volume pedal to act like a master volume...
Cornbread, do u also own a legacy?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM

yes i have the vl212 combo.

when only time based effects in the loop and volume last before the input i get great sound. the nice part is the volume still works like it should but doesn't cut off any echo or delay effects. they still trail off like normal.

not saying it is the end all but give it a try and see what you think. let me know
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

the thing is that i have a TC electronic G system hooked up through 4 cable method system.
thats why i dont have the freedom to do that.
i just wish that the effects loops were 100% series.
i dont know...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 PM

ok 4 cable method. i havent run into that yet. have a axefx comming so i might get some experience with that

Tags
carvin legacy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in