Votes: 3 33.3%
  • VL412 Half Stack

Votes: 6 66.7%

Carvin Legacy VL212 Combo or VL412 Half Stack

Tags
genz benz
4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ET Guitars 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am in need some of your professional input ....my old Marshall is on it's last leg. I am thinking of getting a Carvin Legacy. If given a choice between the two, which would you pick and why??? Please don't take price into consideration - the half stack is about $ 300 more. Both are 100W.

Thanks;)

#2 ·
I'd get the half stack. It's not exactly the easiest thing to move around, but you can get a fuller tone with the four speakers instead of the two in the combo. You can also mix and match different cabs it if you want. It's your choice; think it though and consider your likes dislikes then purchase!

#8 ·
I would go with a head and 2-12, I hate lugging 4-12s. I'm not a huge combo fan either, I like closed back cabs and it's easier to carry a 2-12 Legacy cab and a head. The 2-12 Legacy cabs are pretty light. Of course, I have a Genz Benz G-Flex cab, which is big for a 2-12 and a pain, my rack also weighs a ton, and it doesn't seem like there is much in it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my studio wasn't in the basement, ugh.

JJemmer, I see you're in Thorton, I'm just up the road in Erie, shoot me an e-mail sometime and maybe we can hook up.

Roger

#10 ·
I was waiting and contemplating for long time, as I wanted to get the head and cab. But a chance to get a used combo for a fair price came up. I took it and I'm glad I did. These Legacies are SOOO loud. Suppose it depends on your needs, like the sort of gigs you play etc., but even the combo has plenty of volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.