cheap, small, and tube - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

cheap, small, and tube

Hey guys, I'm soon going to be transferring to Pearl Harbor, HI and I have the same predicament I had here, there's no room in a small Navy barracks room to keep a freakin half stack, so my head did me no good. Think small enough to keep on a desk and you'll get the idea what I need. I was thinking about checking out those Epiphone Valve Specials, they have a couple effects, reverb, and it's a class A tube amp. Now throw in a Tonebone Classic and I've got a nice 2 channel amp that's only a little more than a foot wide. I don't really know, I've been playing with this idea for a while, what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 07:43 PM

Re: cheap, small, and tube

What about getting a Multi FX unit and just playing with headphones? That would be pretty compact and nobody would complain.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

blah, no I need an amp that I can actually hear, even mike if the situation calls for it. I don't care if people complain, I just need to hear myself sometimes, and my tiny, battery-powered Marshall micro stack won't cut it. Plus, you just can't get the same pretty distortion a tube gets with solid state or modeling. It's just not possible.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Dr. Z Mini Z? Zvex nano? Bumbox Lead 1?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 08:31 PM

Try a Boogie Studio .22
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 PM

the thing about class a tube is that it is really loud and really clean, but a class a amp usually doesn't have an exterme amount of gain. I am not sure what your looking for but keep you options open. The problem that i saw in user reviews that the speaker that they put in the valve speicals was crapy and fart out at higher volumes. Not cool if you plan to do any sort of smaller gigs or even play with other people.

i' look into a peavey valve king 1x12 . It is a 1x12 but it is only 350$, and it is all tube plus you can switch from a/b to A power, or anywhere in between.

I have seen alot of good stuff about the studio 22 as well.

Tags
peavey valve king , tube amp , valve king

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode