Check out my white cab! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Check out my white cab!

Just received this "Hot White Bronco" Standard Recto 4x12 after a 2 month wait. Looks hot doesnt it?? Its replacing my Behringer 412S with Jensens.

Heres the thing. Do any of you believe that speakers need to break in?? My Behringer is VERY broken in and actually sounds great!! As of now the only noticeable difference I hear is that it seems the volume is kicked up a few good notches when I switch to the Mesa.

Until now I've been using my other guitarists spare Recto 4x12 live and I've liked it but never used it at home without the band.

I guess what Im trying to say is that the broken in Jensens sound...warmer..then the brand spanking new Vintage 30's. The Mesa cab sounds good..It sounds tight. But it just doesnt seem to have a certain
"bounce" quailty to it. Am I right to think I just need to break it in a little??

chris

P.S- I dont see why my pic doesnt load into the post. I put the right tags on. Anyone see what Im not doing??

Last edited by ChrisReedSmith; 07-06-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM

Re: Check out my white cab!

Well, all cabs sound different. It probably won't sound the exact same as your previous cab.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Nice looking Cab!!
Not sure on the speaker question. If thats true it would be something new to me, but then I learn new things everyday.

Peace.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Yeah the speakers should have a break in period. Pretty much all speakers espcially high end ones could use a good break-in period and not much more then 75% volume level for x amount of hours.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 PM

Exactly. Avatar sells Celestions, they call "Hellatone", that have gone through a specific "breaking in" period. Here's what they say about their Hellatone 30:

"We start with a stock great sounding classic H30 Celestion. We convert it into a Hellatone by aging it slightly and by exercising the suspension for 15 hours so when you get it, it has a warmer tone on the very first note. This process gives the Hellatone 30 an even richer low end than it already had. The model 30 has wonderful mids and highs and a beautiful overdrive tone. If you drive it hard , you get a real nice cone break up that sounds fantastic. Large Heavy 50 oz magnet 30 watts.8 ohm or 16 ohm For specs, go to celestion.com..H30 (Anniversary.. not Heritage)"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 08:54 PM

Wow, a white cab! That's pretty excellent.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 10:24 PM

That;s a cool cab!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:08 PM

http://www.webervst.com/sptalk.html

Check out the 20th article down. It has some pretty interesting stuff about breaking in a speaker.

Great cab by the way, i've always had GAS over colored cabs and this doesn't help!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote from-http://www.webervst.com/sptalk.html

"Many speakers are a little tight when new, and seem a little sterile. After being driven at high levels for awhile, they change character slightly as the surround corrugations begin to loosen up. The spider also loosens from the constant flexing, so the net result is a little more low end and the cone breakup characteristics change. Most people acknowledge that this change is for the better as far as enhancing the desired tone for guitar work."

Thanks for the compliments guys! Your gonna hate me when I tell you I payed 540$ bucks for it! If there is one thing I'll miss from Guitar Center its the monster employee discounts. You can buy direct from Mesa!!

Thats about all I'll miss from Guitar Center.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:07 PM

Very cool!

Tags
mesa cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode