Converting an MPEG file into an MP3 or a WAV file ? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Converting an MPEG file into an MP3 or a WAV file ?

Hi everyone. I have a MPEG file which is made of sound only (no movie/image) that I want to use for an intro of a song. The point is that I have to convert this MPEG file into a MP3 or preferably a WAV file (my multirecorder only accept WAV files so if I convert the file into MP3 that MP3 will also have to be converted into WAV). So what freeware can I use ? I'm very bad in those things and WINDOWS XP makes the situation harder. Anyway, thanks in advance to those of you who will be kind enough to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 03:46 PM

http://www.goldwave.com

Great program. I'm still using the free version, and it'll open almost any file. I've opened MPEG and WMV videos as audio files, and saved as whatever I want.

And it does way more than just that. Most valuable program on my computer IMHO.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks TWO HANDS 31. I've just tried and it would exactly fit what I need .... but goldwave can't identify my file. That's a stange thing : its sound only but it is a MPEG VIDEO file. I'm going crazy !!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 07:39 PM

When you're looking at the "Open File" box and it's not showing the file you're looking for, just type *.* in the "filename" box and hit enter, it'll show all the files, rather than just certain types. I have to do it all the time, and Goldwave will still open the files 99% of the time.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 02:05 AM

try finding a program called 'audio recorder deluxe' and its crack. well, not the quickest way but it's kinda easy to use and it does things well.

you gotta play the file while recording it, that's why i don't think it's the fastest way to convert, and you gotta turn of other sounds that ur comp produces while recording. other than that, it's really great just give it a try
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

TWO HANDS 31 you're just brilliant !!! Many many thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode