Crate amps - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Crate amps

Hello I have a very old Crate Amp which for some reason it sounds as good or better than Mesa Boogie,Marshall.Now I am looking for different amp.need suggestions, prices am willing to spend about 500$. Oh! I almost forgot I paid 75$ for crate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 02:40 PM

Re: Crate amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Vai
... which for some reason it sounds as good or better than Mesa Boogie,Marshall.
Wow mine sounded like a crate...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I think it's posessed. Or it is the finest thing Crate has ever made.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:32 PM

Which Crate is it? I have a 15 watt Vintage Club that sounds wonderful.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

It is model GX-80, but I don't think they still make them. I can't even tell what year it is.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:55 PM

Those are pretty old. I sold quite a few of them when I worked at a local guitar shop.

They sound better then those darn Peaveys.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 03:24 AM

My amp is a Crate GT-200 and I know exactly what you mean. I tried it alongside a Marshall, a Boogie and a Fender (and even another GT-200) and it beat the crap out of all of 'em. I guess every 50,000 or so amps, Crate stumble across some kind of voodoo magic.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
My amp is a Crate GT-200 and I know exactly what you mean. I tried it alongside a Marshall, a Boogie and a Fender (and even another GT-200) and it beat the crap out of all of 'em. I guess every 50,000 or so amps, Crate stumble across some kind of voodoo magic.
I was just curious, is that a head? My rhythm guiarist has a Crate head, and has no Idea what model it is.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 07:02 PM

Yup. It's a head with four channels, two solid state and two tube, separate spring reverbs for clean and distorted channels, built-in stereo chorus.

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , mesa boogie , spring reverb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode