Crowther vs Fulltone - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Crowther vs Fulltone

I could do with some advice on overdrive.

At the moment i am using a Laney GH50L for my Vai, Satch type tones on a high gain setting. Then i have an MXR Zakk Overdrive between my guitar and amp to boost the distortion for better harmonics and extra feedback.

I would like to get a better overdrive or distortion pedal to replace the zakk and have been looking at the crowther hotcake and the fulltone OCD. The only problem is all the videos and reviews on overdrives are about what the pedal can do to the clean channel. I want to know what they are like when used on an already distorted high gain sound.

Can anyone help please? what would be best out of the two i am looking at or am i totally wrong and need to be looking at something else like the satchurator.

Either way it would need to be better than the MXR zakk overdrive. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 PM

Re: Crowther vs Fulltone

the OCD sounds alot like the ZW-44. If you don't like the sound of the zakk pedal then try out the fulldrive 2. There are 3 different versions of the ocd aswell. The new ones are very similar to the zw/gt-od.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 AM

Reviews: 4

get the mxr fullbore metal when it comes out!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

Ok cool thanks. i actually like the sound of the Zakk overdrive but i just fancy something new. i will check out the fulldrive.

When is the new MXR out??
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 2

Keeley Flexi-Screamer........

Tags
overdrive pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode