Crybaby 535q -problem with range selector - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Crybaby 535q -problem with range selector

hi
I got a problem with my crybaby 535q.The range selector seems to work only
from third position (counting from high to low range-clockwise).First and
second positions doesn't affect sound in any way.I've had take off the upper foot
part because the flat spring needed some grease to stop squeacking and I also
had to open the body because the screw nut fell into it.Maybe something
happened during this operations...
Please pleaaase help !
Thank you in advance
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Re: Crybaby 535q -problem with range selector

Open up your Crybaby and see if you maybe shook any connections loose, or something like that.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

I checked all connections leading from range selector to a main board and all seems to look fine...my first thought was that the
"frequency wheel" is responsible because it's not set in default position i'll try to do something with it.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:21 PM

I searched the internet and can't seem to find anything about that particular part going out. You must have gotten a lemon.

I'd contact Dunlop to see if they'll fix it or replace it. I just wouldn't mention that I had taken it apart.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

I've already asked dunlop about this and they didn't reply so far...maybe on monday.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawrilovic View Post
I've already asked dunlop about this and they didn't reply so far...maybe on monday.
Yeah, they're probably not there on Sunday's.

Like I said though, I wouldn't even bring up the fact that I had taken it apart.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

There is no posibliity of sending my crybaby to a service point...there is not any in europe not mentioning poland and shipping to USA would be risky and expensive.So I asked dunlop only for advice
I checked the wheel and it was set at wrong position(too much low frequency range) but this got nothing to do with the problem.
There is no change in frequency beetwen first second and third range... :/
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
There is no posibliity of sending my crybaby to a service point...there is not any in europe not mentioning poland and shipping to USA would be risky and expensive.So I asked dunlop only for advice
I checked the wheel and it was set at wrong position(too much low frequency range) but this got nothing to do with the problem.
There is no change in frequency beetwen first second and third range... :/
Oh, I never even thought about that.

I can't imagine what it could be, but Dunlop advertise 1,000,000+ stomps as the average Crybaby's life span.

I'm stumped, but best of luck with it.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Yeeeaaah...last hope is a kindness of dunlop support center or maybe some handyman in my area.This malfunction is propably my fault...I think dunlop deserve it's fame.It still sounds great the only problem is that the possibilities are smaller.Thank you for your efforts
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:07 PM

Check out www.pedalmods.com in the UK, they can probably fix it - might be expensive to send from poland though.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Maybe you just don't hear the difference? I have a 535q and the tone selections aren't worlds apart...and the two you're talking about are very similar anyways, so yeah maybe you just aren't hearing it. As long as you get a good wah tone, don't worry about it.
smitty
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

You may be right Smitty I've taken it under my concern but as I remember my previous impressions (before malfunction) there was an audible change of pitch whenever you've changed the range.In my case it's audible only from about third position.Hmm I spent about an hour in order to check it and there is still no difference in sound at all (especially first and second)...
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
As long as you get a good wah tone, don't worry about it.
smitty
Yes you're right this is an essential issue as I played my crybaby during last two hours I've come to a conclusion that I'm fully satisfied. I'll try different copy at next ocassion who knows maybe I'm paranoic
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Yes you're right this is an essential issue as I played my crybaby during last two hours I've come to a conclusion that I'm fully satisfied. I'll try different copy at next ocassion who knows maybe I'm paranoic
Well thar ya go!
smitty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode