Cubase Hell - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Cubase Hell

I had finally completed my 8 minute track for a college project which has taken the best part of a month, all midi and audio tracks were complete .. so in my documents area i found a new folder called 'audio' (not realizing these were my actual cubase audio tracks) i deleted it and emptied the trash can (i-mac). Now i went back into my song and ..nothing. All my audio files have now been permanantley deleted

I called mac and apparently there is a way to get them back but i'd have to send it to a proper repairs place, does anyone know how to do this or give any advice? Right now i feel like ****, completely gutted ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Re: Cubase Hell

btw, i managed to save the track as a .csh file but it won't play on the mac, and photoshop comes up on the p.c?! As long as i have at least an mp3 of it it will have to do .. anyone know what this track i've saved it as will play on or what it is?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Smile Re: Cubase Hell

Epicus Furor - bro I'm no expert with Mac PC but i do know how to recover any lost files so give this a try

back up all the work & programs you did first from the date you deleted the file to now the present -on CD so you can reload it if anything get lost

ok- go in to your (START)

go into your (ALL PROGRAMS)-

go into your (ACCESORIES)-

go into your (SYSTEM TOOLS) -

go into (SYSTEM RESTORE)

Now if you know what day & time you deleted the file -you can enter the date & time a day before you deleted the file in the

(SYSTEM RESTORE point day & time)

this will recover the SYSTEM & files as they had been to that point in time, so any work or Programs you did after that point in time (may) nolonger be there- that is why you must have a backup CD with all you stuff on it,

Also you can reverse any SYSTEM RESTORE point back to the present day & time if things don' t work out (with no problems) just enter the Day & Time the same way

Bro- this infomation is for Windows XP PRO, so i hope it works on a Mac give it a try?

Cheers...JAKE.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 02:51 PM

you may try Norton Recovery. There used to be a feature on Norton programs to recover deleted files. I can't remember if it was a stand alone program or part of the Norton anti-virus. I once used it on my powermac and it worked.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Stay away from norton stuff, it is nasty.
Use Data Rescue, it is much, much better.

Having said that, MacOS deletes filenames on emptying the recycle bin. So you're in for some truly serious searching and then you'd have to name everything correctly again to work with Cubase.

I was in a similar situation as you a couple of months ago. I found it was much faster to redo the whole song from scratch.

My sympathy bro...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode