Dean Markley Yngwie Strings - Coming Soon! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Dean Markley Yngwie Strings - Coming Soon!

I bought the new issue of Total Guitar today, and whilst browsing through I noticed an A4 page AD for Yngwie Signature Series Dean Markley Strings. I thought this was pretty cool to be honest, and Im glad to see that Yngwie is showing his face around again (especially with his new album etc). Apparently they will come in a variety of sizes too I believe. 8's, 9's and 10's pressumably.

I have only ever used Ernie Ball Hybrids or Super Slinkys, and never really felt the need to change. But I might try these Yngwie ones when they are released. Not only because I am an Yngwie fan, but because I have been dissapointed with the string-life on the Ernie Ball's recently. They go grey, dull and horrible very quickly lately.

These Yngwie Signature Strings are "coming soon" according to the advert.
I don't expect everyone here to be bothered, but some people will be, mainly the few Yngwie fans among us (including me). I know alot of people dont like him on here, so this wont interest you.

But personally, I think its pretty cool, lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Re: Dean Markley Yngwie Strings - Coming Soon!

Almost forgot, if you are an Yngwie fan, I would buy the new issue of Total Guitar straight away! Yngwie does a video lesson in it (on the CD included) and its pretty cool, and ammusing too!

He plays some of his earlier stuff on the disk including some of the main riffs/licks from Rising Force, and he also plays some of his newer licks from Blitzkrieg and stuff.

Its a really good video lesson actually. Especially as Yngwie doesnt usually do stuff like this very often, especially in UK guitar magazines.

It made me want to grow long frizzy hair after jamming out to the main riff from Rising Force, lol - classic stuff!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
ZJH

So, what's so great about these Yngwie strings?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:26 PM

The Yngwie video lesson is absolutley SKILL !!!!!

I've had loads of fun with it and i also look forward to trying the Dean Markleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJH
we don;t know yet but i agree that ernie Balls go black easily so I'll be looking forward to trying a set of 10's.

Ben
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJH
Nothing. Dean Markley has not been doing so well so they threw his name on a set of strings.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 PM

I love the markley blue steel strings. Those things are just great for me.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 AM

There was an interview with him in guitarist magazine and he mentionad them. He said he used 8 - 46's. Thats the treble strings of a set of 8's with the bass strings of a set of 10's. He said he uses them because thinner treble strings have the same tone as thicker ones,but are easier to play, but the bass strings sound crap if they are thin. They sound like a good set, coz i use hybrids at the moment but fancy trying 8's without losing tone.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 AM

I bought Dean Markley once and I will never buy them again. I'm sticking with good old D'Addairio .

Regards

André

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJH
Theres nothing "great" about them whatsoever I dont suppose. But I just fancied something different cos the Ernie Balls I usually use are getting worse and worse lately. I fancied a change anyway - so it might as well be to my favourite guitarist's signature strings!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 PM

they better make an 11 gauge
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Theres nothing "great" about them whatsoever I dont suppose. But I just fancied something different cos the Ernie Balls I usually use are getting worse and worse lately. I fancied a change anyway - so it might as well be to my favourite guitarist's signature strings!
I hate Ernie Balls. They sound good on a strat - real bright, but they always go dead before any other strings.

Dean Markley Blue Steels are pretty good. They never sound as bright as DAddarios but they hold their tone something like five or six times longer.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM

This is a very good thing for people that want to use the gauge he uses. Before this, you'd have to buy singles, since no one made an 8-48 set. (He used to use8-46 on his Strats, and 8-48 on his Gibsons. Know he uses 8-48 on the Strats)

I've always wondered why a company hadn't already done this. They would have sold like hotcakes, in the Eighties.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname
This is a very good thing for people that want to use the gauge he uses. Before this, you'd have to buy singles, since no one made an 8-48 set. (He used to use8-46 on his Strats, and 8-48 on his Gibsons. Know he uses 8-48 on the Strats)

I've always wondered why a company hadn't already done this. They would have sold like hotcakes, in the Eighties.
Spot on!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 07:33 PM

I used .9 treble strings and .10 bass side strings once and it worked great. It *does* sound better without too much more wear on your fingers. That said I didn't want to pay $10 each time I changed strings so I went to .10s.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 PM

yeah i have to have 10s or 11s i play in d which isnt very low tuning but i still like a thicker string.

Tags
dean markley , dean markley blue , dean markley blue steel , ernie ball , ernie balls , guitar mag , markley blue steel , steel strings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode