delay pedal for guitar - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2003, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

delay pedal for guitar

im looking to get a decent delay pedal as im finding fx units to much hassle. what do you guys recommend? is there any rack based stuf??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2003, 10:04 AM

If you want to go with a pedal instead of rack, then get the Line 6 Delay modeler. It has all you need and then some.
I hate line 6 amps, but their pedals and rack modelers kick serious bootie for the price.
If you want something simple and cheap in rackmount, then go with a TC Electronic G Major.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2003, 02:10 PM

Have to agree, the line 6 delay modeler is wonderful...the loop sampler alone is worth the price of admission. You can record 14 seconds on it, then solo over that while recording that as well and just keep layering things on top...it's pretty nifty. The delays available are pretty cool, they sound great, you can program the pedal for several selections, and add the expression pedal and you've got a very versatile delay...oh, and it's true bypass to boot. I have one and I also just picked up the modulation modeler as well, killer pedals...too bad they are so freakin big, take up a lot of real estate. They are also damned expensive for a digital pedal, but they are well built and appear to be rather rugged.

Make sure you get the power adapter with it, this thing sucks batteries like you wouldn't believe, pulls 1200mA.

I've also had the g-major rack unit. Awesome bang for the buck, but I didn't get on too well with the rack gear and all that midi stuff. Much happier with pedals and an amp.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 02:18 AM

Hi,

since I didn't try out the Line 6 Echo yet I recommend either Boss DD-3 or Electro Harmonix Memory Man.

Both very handy and nice sounding, IMHO.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 01:23 PM

Beware of electro harmonix though.. there are some reliability issues.
Do you want digital or analog?

Any delay that boss makes is relatively good.
Arion, and rockson make some very nice analog delay pedals.
Very affordable as well.

Tags
delay pedal , delay pedals , electro harmonix , expression pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode