Did my horsie kill my baby? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Did my horsie kill my baby?

hey guys,

I dont know too much about elecctric stuff so bear with me..... anyway after a long absence from guitar.... almost a year... i thought it would be fun to pick it up again... so i bought me a bad horsie 2 as a present.

so i figured since my legacy has been asleep for a very long time that i better leave it on standby for at least five min before i play (remember i know nothing about electronics) so I turned it on and ended up leaving it for about half an hour on standby before i switched it on.....

i came back plugged in the guitar and the wah and started jamming.... was great..... played for about half an hour tehn bang adn teh sound cut out... the amp died. the fuse at the back had popped out so i pushed it back in but it would only give loud popping and cracking noises....

so i looked at the back and one of the EL34's (teh big ones) was not lighting up on standby.....

so the question is the wah kill my amp..... or did the tube just die??

anyone have any clues??

much appreciated

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:23 PM

I haven't heard of anything like that being caused by the wah. I think it's just the tube, and it was a coincidence that it happened with the new wah.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:53 PM

Tube failure, hardly anything else.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 04:19 AM

Reviews: 2
Welcome back Devo.

New tubes should sort you out.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
Welcome back Devo.

New tubes should sort you out.
Yep, that's my guess too. And I think you'll be surprised what a new set of tubes can do to your sound. It's great.

BTW, you didn't play since ...... the Jemfest where you had everybody in the building sporting a bruise on their chin where it hit the floor when you cut loose with your Stanley Jordan-esque, 8 finger solo technique just as easy as you please?!?!? ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR EVER-LOVING FOOKIN' MIND???? What did I tell you back then? I tol' ya that I was gonna kick yer butt if you didn't stick with it 'cause it had the rest of us gagging in jealous shame. You've got a royal asswhoopin' commin' to you at the next Jemfest little man!

Glad to hear you're playing again. You not playing is a crime.

LJ
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 01:31 PM

Tubes. Happened the same 6 months ago with my JCM 800. Itīs gonna be expensive!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey pablo and Patrick!!!!!!

long time no see indeed..... still aint got a PG record yet..... please dont shoot me.... but have been seriously digging into the classical guitar for the last year..... and nao am craving my 7D again....

Ill get some of those JJ ecc83's and a quad of el34's from that eurotubes place....

not too expensive only $90

cheaper than 4 el84's in my guiatr shop.... lol dont ever come to dublin to buy musical equipment.......

ps ive been looking for teh version of stairway i tabbed out to go learn it again... and ill be damned if im gonna go figure it all out again unless i have to ... buit it has magically disssappeared form my web site... so if anyone has a copy of it on there computer i would really appreciate it

cheers lads!

Steve
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 03:45 PM

Reviews: 2
You and James better start saving up to come to THIS years Jemfest.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 02:43 AM

It wasn't a lack of funds that kept me away this year. It was that my accomodation dropped out from under me less then a month before I was to fly. In 2001 I stayed with a friend who lives near London and I was going to do the same this year but then all hell broke loose and my plans were cancelled.

We're shooting for either a spring Jemjam or Jemfest later this year. Cross your fingers and toes.

LJ
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

i shud have gone last year..... i cant remember why i didnt..... wait i was still in the states until teh 10th of october so i couldnt make it.... i remember now....

but will absolutely be at teh next!!!! firing on all eight cylinders !!! will probably be living in either Uk or germany at teh time too.... its PhD time for me next year

Tags
stanley jordan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode