Digitech 2101 help? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Digitech 2101 help?

Does anyone know where I can still find software upgrades, PPC chips, etc. for the Digitech 2101? I have a couple of them now and I need the upgrades to match them up, so they can be used as backups for eachother. I posted here because this isn't really a "wanted to buy" post, I'm just looking for sources. Last I heard, Digitech had no PPC chips left, and I assume no upgrade versions either. Anyone know of any parts places, or chop shops? Maybe a 2101 nerd forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 02:32 AM

Ask here:

http://www.digitech.com/digiforum/index.asp

As of 2:30 AM on Sunday morning, the site is offline. There should be someone there who can help you. I'm currently using a 2120. Do you want it?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 01:41 PM

I've had on of those boxes for a while and the 2112. Thought i had a decent tone until i discoverd stuff like eventide ,lexicon,and t.c.. I had my 2112 set up and i thought it was the shet until i jammed with someone with some real gear. Plug into a G-force and you will never want to play digicrap again. You will never see a piece of digitech gear in any professionals,or rack guru's rack. Unless you are talking about the dhp-55 which is a great unit. The whammy pedal is also another great product from digitech. Go to Huge Racks.com and you will see what i mean. There is some very knowledgeable people there who will help you with rack gear. Just dont bring up digitech. That stuff is frowned upon over there.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Plug into a G-force and you will never want to play digicrap again.
The 2101 and Control one is a remarkably easy and effective control unit. It is the "operating system" of my rack, so it's like convincing a PC user to switch to a Mac. I know what good gear is, and I have several outboard pieces that I use together for one-off tracks. I don't have time or $ to blow on redesigning my system. But until I do, the 2101 remains the brain. The fact is, it is little more than that. The preamp section stinks, so I never use it. But the effects are just fine, and yes, I am the kind of person who can hear the difference. I just don't care. My primary tonal concern is preamp and power. I have multiple preamps that I switch in or out (tube and ss), or blend up to three at once. That whole setup is based around the 2101, and I can fade between them, CC the gain control on them, or send one preamp to 10's and one to 12's. And I can bypass the 2101 sonically if I want to. But they are cheap now and as a midi brain they are great.

-bpd111-That forum is still down but thanks for the direct link. I came here because I knew someone would know.
Quote:
I'm currently using a 2120. Do you want it?
Yes, send it to my house. Seeing as how this isn't the classifieds I assume you meant for free, right? I will reimburse you for shipping.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 02:14 PM

It's on the way. I'm not really happy with it, but it gets me by.

Your set up sounds great. I understand that with the 2112 and subsequent units you can't bypass the preamp, and that's too bad.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I never really perked up too much when those came out, and I think it's probably because somewhere in the back of my mind I had figured out early that you're stuck with that preamp unless you want to come in after the effects loop. Even still, the 2112 or 2120 used post fx loop would still be a powerful operating system at a great price.

Tags
whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode