Digitech GNX vs POD xt-Opinions?? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Digitech GNX vs POD xt-Opinions??

I'm looking for some type of stand-alone unit for digital recording and was wondering what you guys thought of the Digitech GNX and the POD XT? The Digitech looks pretty good with the Whammy (which I need anyways), and the drum machine, but the POD has some pretty sweet sounds--can you guys give me opinions/experiences with these units? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:23 AM

You might want to consider the BOSS GT-6 as well.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 03:07 PM

I'd say the PodXT. It's got a ton of options.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 02:54 AM

leishan, I have the GNX3 and it's very sweet. Great for recording because of the drum machine, S-PDIF out, mic preamp and effects, and of course, 8-track mini studio. I played the Boss GT-6 too, and it also has some great sounds. The PODXT is like a Vetta, and I'd have to say, the Vetta is a monster. Very similar to GNX in terms of sims and morphing multiple amp sounds, but it probably takes the cake when in comes to simulations in general.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 02:26 PM

I have a GNX 3, and I really love it. I bought it as basically an effects processor for my little peavy rage combo amp....it has some very nice sounds. The Pitch Shifting is a little laggy at times, but other than that, everything sounds great. The cleans really stand out, but the overdriven tones are pretty sick too. The Morph Feature is VERY usable! I use it all the time and somes sounds are really remarkable. All the effects work great and is very easy to program...and overall, its a lot cheaper than an POD XT.

I highly recommend the GNX, but only have limited experiece with the PODs.

Good Thredin, Keep Shredin

-Andy

Tags
combo amp , pitch shifting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode