If you buy tonezone and don't like it, try The Breed. My quest for good pickups ended half a year ago when I bought them.
Before them I tried the following pickups, with my IMHOs on them:
1. TZ - too nasal, but awesome rthythm tones, didn't work well with my amps.
2. Evo - too harsh in the upper end, no rhythm tones to talk about. For some reason I liked the Neck version in the bridge position more than Bridge version
3. Paf Pro - pretty good, but too smooth, no balls in the bridge position, almost requires
processing, pinch harmonics sounded dull
4. EMG81 - sounds good, entertained me for a while, but I ended up liking passive pickups more because they're more "alive" and "warm"
5. Bill Lawrence L500XL - too much output, feedback problems (and it didn't fit into RG3120)
Breed Neck / Breed Bridge combination works fine for me with just about any amp I plug it into. It has some of this Evo-ish taste to it, but without harshness and with just the right amount of bottom end to do that fat-ass Taurus Bulba opening riff.