Dimarzio Clip-lock straps - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Dimarzio Clip-lock straps

Out of interest guys, does anyone use these and feel they're not adjustable enough (as in, they don't go high enough).

Are there any ways to get around this? I've seen John Petrucci using these and they're quite high up on him (around the height i want mine - comfortable height!). I know a few of you will say he's a big beefy guy, but then so am i so that doesn't really work

Can you adjust them in any way or are you limited to the highest they'll go?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 PM

Re: Dimarzio Clip-lock straps

Yea there is an adjuster on them, pretty simple to use.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:39 PM

I'm very short and I found that I had to cut the strap down and resew it because even at its shortest, it was still too long. But yeah, they aren't nearly as adjustable as other straps.

And after all that, I found that I don't like them. :P
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 PM

I have one on my Ibanez and it works great. Because of the clip part that's screwed to the guitar, it adds quite a bit of length overall. I have the strap as high as it goes and it's still too low for my comfort level. I like it nice and high. But then again, I don't play standing up enough to really care and i'm still not adult size.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Gex

I have 3 on my three Ibanez RG550s. . .never had a problem.

But. . I am 6'2"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM

did you just get the regular model shops stock?
there is a shortened version you can specifically order from any dimarzio seller, you can see it on the dimarzio site in the faq section

i only buy the shortened version and many ppl on here in the know about it do too..
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 03:19 AM

Do you guys know where to get that black furry dimarzio strap, I might consider getting one
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 03:44 AM

I read on the JP board that Petrucci does in fact have his cliplocks shortened by 4".

I use them on one of my RG's and i had to shorten them so that they were a comforatable fit.

Personally though, i just like the seatbelt material, i cut the clips off, put a hole though the fabric and replace them with Dunlop Straplocks
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman
there is a shortened version you can specifically order from any dimarzio seller, you can see it on the dimarzio site in the faq section

i only buy the shortened version and many ppl on here in the know about it do too..
I've got the regular stock models but that's the first i heard you can get a shortened version! Cheers
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 04:01 AM

Yep, there are 2 lengths available I think.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 AM

I had a DiMarzio cliplock strap on my Strat for a while. I liked it, it was quite comfortable and was convenient (I liked the idea of the cliplock); however, I stopped using it, since at 5"6' I am a bit of a shortarse and it was a little too low for me, even when set as high as it would go. I changed to an ordinary guitar strap and Schaller straplocks. They work great, I.M.O.

Does DiMarzio still make the lime green cliplock strap? I haven't seen one in the shops for ages! They are realy cool.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87
Does DiMarzio still make the lime green cliplock strap? I haven't seen one in the shops for ages! They are realy cool.

Yup.

I got a lime green one on my Desert Yellow RG550.

Stores wont usually carry all the colors, all I ever see is Black and then an occasional white one. You can order them online from DiMarzio dealers.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:21 AM

evil bay usually has a load of the dimarzio clip loks.

I bought a regular size one last time, had to sew it up to make it go higher.. i hold my guitar like some jazz guitarist.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman

I seem to remember a regular length and an extended length version. I normally have my guitars a little above the belt line. Either the extended or regular fit me fine because I'm 6'1", but I'll tell you that the extended length ones can go down literally as low as my knees.

I have three of them & they're all the black 3" wide ones, they are 100 times more comfy than the 2" versions. I think you can get any color as long as it's black.

Catch ya's later.........Joe
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:46 PM

i don't know much about any extended length one but the shortened version definitely exists (not sure if you thought i mistook the extended for the shortened?) and is shorter than the regular version. you can order it from any dimarzio dealer. it also mentions it on the dimarzio site faq

Tags
cliplock strap , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio strap , john petrucci , strap lock , strap locks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode