DiMarzio Clip Lock Straps - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

DiMarzio Clip Lock Straps

Does anyone sell only the ends that connect to the guitar? Is it a good financial decision to only purchase the ends, or is it cheaper to buy one strap for each guitar?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Re: DiMarzio Clip Lock Straps

Do you have a good powered drill? If so, it will cost you 50 cents per guitar. Just use quarters and drill through the middle. It is pretty mcuh guaranteed never to fail.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

I don't quite understand what you're saying. I know how to attach the strap locks to the guitar, no problems there.

I am trying to figure out if I can buy only the ends of the straps, which I will attach to each guitar. Then I should only need one shoulder strap for all of my guitars.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM

hes talking about making your own..

I buy ones for every guitar, usually trying to match the scheme of the guitar.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 09:33 PM

I thought strap locks were the extra large things you got to keep the strap from coming off.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Dimarzio Clip Lock Straps have clips and part is on the guitar permanently and then the strap can be clipped on an off..

So essentially hes asking is there any way to buy the lower half that attaches to the guitars only so he can take one strap and click it to what ever guitar he wants..
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Right. Oh and black goes with everything.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Gex

The straps are only about $15, I dont know why you wouldn't just buy one for each to save you the hassle of dealing with the straps.

I have 3 cliplocks one my 3 RG550's, and I LOVE them. They're seatbelt material, except they're softer and alot more flexable, they're extremely comfortable, simple, reliable, AWESOME looking (I have a Red one, A Green one, and a Blue one), but most of all, they're extremely fuctional. The only time I take them off is when I put them in their cases, and thats only if I'm taking the guitar somewhere.

When I go to my friend's house, he has several really thick, wide straps, that just feel uncomfortable and they occasionaly fall off the strap button if you're not careful. They really bug the crap out of me, and make me extremely appreciative of my DiMarzio Cliplock Straps, so I dont have to deal with any of that usual strap drama. . I dont have to think about it at all, I just grab the guitar, toss it over the shoulder and look around for the end of the guitar cable.

DiMarzio is the best.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Does anyone sell only the ends that connect to the guitar? Is it a good financial decision to only purchase the ends, or is it cheaper to buy one strap for each guitar?

TIA

To actually answer your question.... Yes.... yes they do sell the ends (they call them "fasteners")(without the entire strap). Music 123 . com

http://www.********.com/DiMarzio-Cli...-i157771.music

Put in music 123 where the astrix are, this site won't allow it to be seen. Or go to music 123 . com and type in dimarzio cliplocks and it should bring up the page of cliplocks and scroll down till you see "fasteners", they are $7.99.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
HSH

Here's a related question. Can these fasteners scratch a guitar in the case? Never used a DiMarzio strap.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Gex

I dont think so. They're plastic. If you took the end and went "WHAP WHAP WHAP" on the guitar you might get some scratches or dents, but when its in the case, stuff doesnt usually move.

While mine are in the case, I usually squish the connector between the guitar's body and the side of the case, so they stay in place.

But. . Im not picky at all about surface scratches, and I dont care about them, I know its gonna happen anyway. You may want a second opinion about the scratching thing if you have a really expensive guitar that you're worried about loosing value, or use that strap at all, just use normal straps and dont change anything.

But, I honestly think they're harmless.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:22 PM

It's cool to try and match up the strap colours to your guitars and what price is coolness eh ??

Ben
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:55 PM

you cant beat schallers and a decent leather strap !!! - or even schallers and a webbing strap...

and YES, you can buy the schaller strap buttons on their own !!!

I hate cliplock straps - they look like a bloody baby carrier or something
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSH
Here's a related question. Can these fasteners scratch a guitar in the case? Never used a DiMarzio strap.
I was actually carless and didn't push the plastic end of the straplock neatly in the case like I normally do, so when I shut the case it pinched the end against the guitar putting a nice little dent in the clearcoat.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 PM
HSH

Glad I asked, sorry about your instrument.

Tags
clip lock strap , clip lock straps , cliplock strap , cliplock straps , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio clip lock strap , dimarzio clip lock straps , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio cliplock straps , dimarzio strap , local music shop , strap button , strap buttons , strap lock , strap locks , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode