Dimarzio pickup colors: what the hell? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Dimarzio pickup colors: what the hell?

I just bought three 'pink' Dimarzio's...a tone zone, a paf pro, and an hs-3 w/ pink cover.

And they're all three different shades of pink! Is that normal? Why doesn't Dimarzio try to get some consistency in their colors? It looks tacky as hell, now I'm thinking about returning everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Re: Dimarzio pickup colors: what the hell?

Anything with pink pickups looks tacky as hell
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Reviews: 2

Wow, that's strange. I personally haven't used many Dimarzios, let alone in different colors. Did you buy them all brand new? If not, maybe they were made years apart and the shades changed a little bit. It wouldn't make much sense for them to "fade" or anything, Dimarzio must have changed the color shades.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 PM

They'd look nice in the Green Meanie I'm building.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

They're all new, yeah. The colors are just slightly different but it's noticeable.

Racerx2k: Want to possibley by the pink tone zone?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 12:19 AM

I'm just kinda pissed at DiMarzio for not making 7 string pickups in good colors..
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 AM

I have 4 brand new pink buckers here and they all look that way. I even sent the first set back to DiMarzio and the hand picked replacements look the same.

DiMarzio informed me that the company used to make the pink went under, and they have not found the same dye.

YMMV
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Ayrton, thanks for the info...so if I send them back to the company I can get a matched set?

I have a feeling the paf pro is the original dye, it looks the best and closest to pictures of old Jem's I've seen
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM

Reviews: 25

As far as Im concerned Dimarzios pink sucks... I recently bought pink and green zebras from Dimarzio and the pink was not even pink it was salmon more than a fluro or hot pink. Kinda annoying but I can't be bothered returning it.....
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

IbanezFreak777 what kind of pup is the zebra you bought? The pink PAF Pro I got is a sick, deep neon pink, very cool. The tone zone is closer to salmon, it sucks, it's probably the newer pink.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Reviews: 25

I got 2 Evolutions neck and bridge, both pups have the same salmon color. So atleast they match, but I wanted fluro pink. Im annoyed but like I said I cant be bothered changing them.

I think you have your answer, obviously Dimarzio have many Paf pros in Pink in stock as they are used for replacements for the Jems etc... The tone Zone would have had to be made up for your order especially. Like mine were. So you got old hot pink stock on the paf pros and new pink stock with the TZ's.

I can't believe in all of china they couldn't get the same pink color for their toppers. Its Dimarzio for god sake
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 PM

I bought an Evo set for my rootbeer project. Both humbuckers were tha same color (more salmon than fluroscent) but the middle pickup cover was more fluroscent. The middle pickup looks brighter than the others, but I have seen that on new JEMs with pink pickups a few years back...
With a phone camera it looks almost the same and I have seen that under certain lighting the pups sometimes look the same and sometimes don't...
Here is a pic.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

yeah those look great

Last edited by nightofthelivingshred; 09-02-2007 at 06:27 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightofthelivingshred View Post
I just bought three 'pink' Dimarzio's...a tone zone, a paf pro, and an hs-3 w/ pink cover.

And they're all three different shades of pink! Is that normal? Why doesn't Dimarzio try to get some consistency in their colors? It looks tacky as hell, now I'm thinking about returning everything.
I ran into the same problem.

I bought 2 green humberckers. A Paf Pro and a Bridge F spaced EVO 2. The Paf Pro seem much brighter and the EVO 2 is slightly dull in color.

It so slight.

Its frustrating.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
I'm just kinda pissed at DiMarzio for not making 7 string pickups in good colors..
That's why I bought D activators 7 green and purple bobbin toppers !!!

( photoshopped image of my guitar ) my webcam is too bad !

Tags
bobbin toppers , paf pro , paf pros , pickup cover , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode