DIMARZIO STRAPS - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

DIMARZIO STRAPS

i had a question about the if the dimarzio clip together straps that steve vai uses are very stable or if they are good for hard playing or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 12:57 AM

I think you've answered your own question. Not many people play harder than Steve Vai. Of course, he may not be as wild as he used to be, but still...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 01:21 AM
Fry

They are definitely the best straps out there (I believe), and I'm not just saying that because Vai uses them, although it shows that they can handle a brutal thrashing after watching him live. I use em on all my guitars, and have never questioned their stability or durability even once.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:45 AM

Not only are they durable, but they are very comfortable and are not bulky.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 AM

I'm using one and the screws where a little bit smaller that the original ones so I used bigger screws. It's one though strap : 2 years of windmills without any incidents whatsoever proved it.
-----
Mathieu Bourgon
[email protected]
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:01 PM

DiMarzio Straps

I use DiMarzio Clip Lock straps exclusively on every one of my 4 dozen plus guitars.... I've only had one incident where they failed me (actually they didn't fail me, the screw came out of the wood during a windmill and the guitar went sailing... destroyed the neck... <charvel model 4a>.
That was many years ago and I wrote to DiMarzio and told them about it - they sent me 4 brand new straps of each color they had available at the time. Even though the strap wasn't the problem.

I thought that was cool of them.
My only complaint about them is that they seem to have screw holes thru the brass fitting that are just a little too small for some real heavy duty screws.
I know I'd feel much more comfortable if they had bigger, longer screws that went further into the body. That's my only suggestion about them.

They are wonderful though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:43 PM

Yes, they are very durable and can take all the hard playing you can throw their way. I have had them Łut on all of my guitars (roughly 70 now) for over 10 years.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:12 AM

ditto.
i use Cliplocks on all of my guitars. i couldn't use anything else, cause they're so comfy, safe and silent, unlike "clanging" Schallers.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Straplocks are just great.

Tags
charvel model , clip lock strap , clip lock straps , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio clip lock strap , dimarzio clip lock straps , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode