Do-it-yourself DS1 or Crybaby mods? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Do-it-yourself DS1 or Crybaby mods?

I guess the title says it all really.

I recently rescued my old DS1 and Crybaby from the pits of my closet and started futzing around with them. I can hear potential in both of them but neither is fully realised and I'd like to rip them open and have a bit of a tinker.
The Crybaby would be great with a tad more output, more midrange and a smoother sweep. The output is easily achievable by running it at 12 volts instead of 9, hehe, but I'm not sure what to do about the sweep or mids.
I can hear a great tone just under the surface of the DS1, with warmer upper mids and less treble. How do I bring it out to unleash its glory upon unsuspecting neighbours? I plan to use it with a slightly distorted tube amp tone and my souped up Tele.
I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction about doing this stuff myself. If not I'll just buy a crapload of capacitors and stuff, and tinker away until I electrocute myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Oops. Meant to put this in the Setup and Mods forum. Can someone pretty please move it?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 08:32 AM

If you do a search on the DS-1 you should find links to where you can add a couple LEDS to warm up the sound. As for the crybaby, a couple companies make replacement pots, etc.

Not sure if this will help:
http://www.green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk/wah.html
http://www.rogermayerusa.com/wah.html
http://www.torresengineering.com/crybdel.html

Greg
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 05:04 PM

Go here , this is the best stompbox site that I use for everything from mods to building from scratch. I think you will find a bunch of mods for both, especiall the DS-1. Good luck toying around.......
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks heaps! This is gunna be fun, hehehe.

Tags
amp tone , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode