Does the Quadraverb have a battery? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Does the Quadraverb have a battery?

My Quadraverb is acting flaky again, and I was wondering if there is a battery that eventually needs replacing. I can't find any info on this anywhere. The power supply is fine (its fairly new), so I've kind of ruled that out. Just trying to find some direction to look before I crack this thing open.

And yes, I know this thing is ancient, but I like it. I could probably buy another one for $50, but I have many custom patches on it that I don't want to try and duplicate.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 09:38 PM

Re: Does the Quadraverb have a battery?

I have a Quadraverb GT and love it. According to the manuel online it does appear to have an internal battery to which if it dies then all memory is lost. Take a look at the online manuel and, following the page numbers on the upper right hand conner, go to page 111 and the word "battery" should be highlighted blue:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

If you prefer the Quadraverb GT PDF manuel version:

http://www.alesis.com/downloads/manu...bGT_Manual.pdf

I'm no expert on this...I just push buttons and hope everything works. I hope this is helpful for you. Good luck.

Forgot to mention, there may be more information in the manuel to fix the problem...I was too tired to look!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Re: Does the Quadraverb have a battery?

I should have mentioned that I have a Quadraverb Plus. I don't believe it has any capablity for uploading/dowloading patches, but I could be mistaken. I opened up the box just to look, and there indeed is a lithium ion battery hard wired to the board. Don't know if the GT is any different. I poked around a bit and made sure all the ribbon and press fit connectors where seated properly and seemed to have success with it remaining consistently powered. My custom patches are all still there also. I'll see if it holds out, otherwise the scope of the problem is beyond my capabilties. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode