Doing my Senior Product Design Project on Recording Equipment - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Doing my Senior Product Design Project on Recording Equipment

Hi everybody, my name is Tomas DeLuna, and I知 a senior in Product Design at CCS (College for Creative Studies) in Detroit. I also happen to be a hobbyist guitarist, and I like to shred on my Ibanez JEM. I prefer music such as All that Remains, All Shall Perish, Underoath, etc.

I知 also posting this on Fender.com, Gibson.com, Ibanez.com, and various cities in Craigslist.com.

The reason I知 posting is I壇 like to do my Senior Project on designing a solution for guitar improv out in the field. I did a REALLY ROUGH sketch (scroll down below) of a 電evice to serve as a starting point, and to prove I'm a real person doing a college project. It痴 the beginning of the semester, and I知 in the research phase, so I壇 like to make educated guesses about the next recording solution for the semi-pro to professional guitarist.

I壇 like to discuss about your recording gear, portable and non-portable. Also, explain what you like about your gear, what you don稚 like, and why. Either through pictures and typing, or even better yet using a camera and posting on Youtube! It can be as fancy as your 20,000-dollar studio, to even just a cassette recorder, the more then better!
If you guys have posted reviews about recording gear on Youtube, could you post links?

I壇 also like to select the 1 or 2 most vocal people to send out a 溺r. Potato Head kit. This kit will be comprised of little foam core boxes and Velcro bits and pieces so that people can design their own recorder so I can gain feedback. There will be money compensation upon completion for these people! I haven稚 decided the amount, but I知 thinking $30+ (I can only do so much, I知 a student ☺) per person I send this kit to. I can do Paypal, or check, your preference! This stage I壇 like to have completed by mid October.

The final result from my project will be a video piece (research included), a 3D CAD model, and a physical non-working appearance prototype. Any video I use, I値l give you full credit, along with your Youtube username and link.

This is the real deal, you can google my full name (Jose Tomas DeLuna) and see I知 a real person and have also designed a music-based concept phone. My senior project is only for academic purposes, there are no companies (thankfully) attached to this project, so any help is infinitely appreciated!

Please any questions, feel more than free to ask here!

Also, I壇 like to post progress pics on my online portfolio on Coroflot (an online design portfolio site). Linky here:
http://www.coroflot.com/deluna

Here's a rough sketch for a starting point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:59 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: Doing my Senior Product Design Project on Recording Equipment

Hold on, I'm confused,
on your website, it has a picture of the Motorola KRE-8, are you designing that, or is just a starting point?

Cam-Vai
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:36 PM

Re: Doing my Senior Product Design Project on Recording Equipment

Hi Jos...
I am new to this forum as I only came onto date my double necked (12 string & 6 String) elec guitar. I have a recording studio at home - purpose built - I have also been playing guitar for a looong time (over 30 years)! I have recently purchased an iMac 27" for indoors editing instead of having to go out to the studio. I use a LOT of 'stuff'. (Pro Tools, Reason, Logic etc etc) I recently purchased a ZOOM Q3 for recording ideas and quick uploads to YOUTUBE.
I'm not really sure what you want to know but feel free to contact me and I'll help you out if I can. (PS I am a mature student myself and have just started my 3rd(final) year in Creative Technologies - so I understand where you're at). Just to prove to you I am a real person as well...... DELETED

If my background isn't what you are looking for - good luck with your project..
THIS SITE WON"T LET ME GIVE YOU MY CONTACT DETAILS OR MY YOUTUBE LINK AS I AM ONLY NEW??? Pretty stupid in my opinion..!! If I was allowed to tell you my email address I would have to put a space between every letter like this....
n i x o n p a d d y @ h o t m a i l . c o m
and I suppose you could check my youtube account by searching for
m e d i n n e r s r e a d y and view the couple of guitar videos on there.

Tags
cord , rack , record , steve vai , studio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode