Dream Rig. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Dream Rig.

Here a List of my dream gear.

Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4X12 Straight Cab
Fender American Special Telecaster
one of these brads for guitar: ESP Ltd, Schecter, Ibanez
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ibanez Weeping demon wah
and finally, the easiest chopice of all...
Boss Chromatic tuner. (because I'm tired of looking up youtube videos, and I can't tune by ear yet.)

Tell what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Dream Rig.

sounds like a pretty typical modern metal rig, besides the tele
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 PM

Reviews: 12

If only my dream rig would be as simplistic

I would be saving alot of dough
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM

Reviews: 11

Thats pretty cheesy for a "dream" rig

You're apparently pretty "noobish" (please dont take offense lol) to guitars You will be SHOCKED at how your tastes change.

For example, the weeping demon wah is pretty much garbage lol.

But... I love dreaming.

My rig ->

Guitar -> Warrior Dran Michael Double Cut OR Warrior FULLY armed Soldier.
Amps -> Orange TH100 Head and matching cab for Rock work. Matchless DC-30 for Cleans. MAYBE a blackface champ for giggles.

Pedals -> Wampler Pinnacle distortion. Boss Ch-1(super chorus), Ibanez DE-7x2 (delays), MXR phase 90, Digitech Whammy, Boss CS-3 ((compression), Boss NS-2 (noise suppressor), and Dunlop 535Q wah wah.

Back up rig -> Axe fx 2.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post

You're apparently pretty "noobish" (please dont take offense lol) to guitars You will be SHOCKED at how your tastes change.

But... I love dreaming.

My rig ->

Amps -> Orange TH100 Head and matching cab for Rock work. Matchless DC-30 for Cleans. MAYBE a blackface champ for giggles.

Pedals -> Wampler Pinnacle distortion. Boss Ch-1(super chorus), Ibanez DE-7x2 (delays), MXR phase 90, Digitech Whammy, Boss CS-3 ((compression), Boss NS-2 (noise suppressor), and Dunlop 535Q wah wah.

Back up rig -> Axe fx 2.
you don't like the Weeping Demon... whereas I wouldn't give the Orange amp house room!

I don't gig, so my dream rig consists of the guitars I've got and am steadily collecting, plus I want an all in one Axe FX3 1x12 combo with a voice programmable interface that responds to commands like "you know that bit on that song by so and so... for this patch, make me sound like that." sort of like a Star Trek "replicator" but for tone.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 AM

That is surprisingly affordable for a dream rig. Try to dream a little bigger. That would be a killer sounding setup though.

Amps
I'd stick with my Peavey JSX but also add a Mark V and Diezel Hagen (or VH4) to the mix.

Guitars
The JCRG10-06 is just gorgeous and an RGA427Z

Effects/Rack
dbx 31-band eq and compressor
isp technology g string decimator
Line 6 M13

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Last edited by xXLinkageXx; 06-24-2011 at 03:45 AM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 AM

Reviews: 34

Dream Rig?

Les Paul type with Padauk back and maple/ebony neck (25.5" scale) with Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells
Soldano SLO or HR50 in snake skin
Tube Screamer

I have to admit that the Marshall AFD is also turning my head at the moment
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Quote:

But... I love dreaming.

My rig ->

Back up rig -> Axe fx 2.
I probly won't have the wah, But I love the sound from a 6505+. I think Mesa heads a sloppy and sopund like poop. I got the job I interviewed for this morning (Bagger at Kroger. First Job, so it'll do) so hopefully I can tweak this to better fit my needs. I also want to keep pedals to a minimum. They get in my way. Maybe a hotplate. not sure though. I don't like the JSK head, Framous are nice, not big on Marshall tones, and the EL34's in the 6534+ give you a tone closer to Marshall, which in a retrospect, I want to be as far away from as possible. I want MY tone. I don't want another bands tone, because I'm not that band, so I work with what I feel suits me the best (and i like to keep it simple).

Like I told a buddy of mine last night. He was like, match peavey with peavey, I said NAY!. I hate the tone from Peavey cabs, which is why I match it with the Mesa cab. But i gotta get my head first. to replace my P.O.S. (Fender FM100H, I was young and naive when i bought it, don't judge.) So that run into a Crate GT412L with celestion Vintage 30's. but I'm gunna need a new cab soon, the bass is shot in those speakers. Thank the d-bag I buoght it from.

But all I'm saying by this is, I need to keep it as compact as possible, and keep to what suits me and my style. Ya know?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:

But... I love dreaming.

My rig ->

Back up rig -> Axe fx 2.

Opinions and tastes are very different. I think the only good pedal you have is the pinnacle, the others are garbage... But that's just me
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_freak_forever View Post
Opinions and tastes are very different. I think the only good pedal you have is the pinnacle, the others are garbage... But that's just me

Lol I know. They are the pedals I have now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
you don't like the Weeping Demon... whereas I wouldn't give the Orange amp house room!

I don't gig, so my dream rig consists of the guitars I've got and am steadily collecting, plus I want an all in one Axe FX3 1x12 combo with a voice programmable interface that responds to commands like "you know that bit on that song by so and so... for this patch, make me sound like that." sort of like a Star Trek "replicator" but for tone.
HERESY JONO! HERESY!

Last edited by linuxpenguin; 06-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Reviews: 4

ehh...... idk

something kinda like:

RG3120>whatever that poly tuner thing is>A good wah (morley?)>Compressor>tube screamer kinda OD, maybe boutique.>Whammy>Amp, Maybe something along the lines of a legacy, bogner, engl, mesa, cornford etc. Then I'd have a good chorus, or a multi-mod like the eventide modfactor. in fact, heck, I'll have my fx loop look like:

pitchfactor>modfactor>timefactor>eventide space> and to tick you guys off, a BBE.

I'll also have a volume pedal book-end everything, first thing after the guitar, last thing in the loop.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Reviews: 13

I don't think that I have a 'dream' rig anymore. In fact I could say that I have all that I really need. If I do want/need something I just go and get it.........although I am craving a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier..........

-Wolfram
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:25 AM

What, no Dumble?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM

your miss'in the eventide lol
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 AM

ok fellas..just got my jem 7v yesterday, an eventide dsp 4000 the day before, i have the jemini dist. box, boss cs-3 compressor sustainer. legacy 1 halfstack, roland vg99, and a bad horsie 2 wah pedal. in addition i have the m-box (the middle of the road one) with pro tools 8 and a couple of krk studio speakers...im trying to find the "vai sound" with the eventide, anyone have one of these? i wouid love to get some nice settings from you as the learning curve with this is definitely present lol....thanks guys ROCK ON!!

Tags
fender , mesa , peavey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode