Drum machine - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Drum machine

Hi
I whas wondering ...I am searchind for a drum machine , any1 knows a good drum machine ?
Is the Boss Dr-5 a good one ?

Thx !!
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 12:18 AM

I used to have a Boss DR-5 it was ok but like all drum machines I found it very annoying to program and it just sucked all the inspiration and fun right out of me.
Now I use Fruity Loops and I could not be happier. It's so simple to use and it's actually fun. I never thought I would say that about programing drum parts.
I went and bought some great drum samples as well as sampled sounds out of the Boss DR-5 before I sold it. Now I can still use the sounds from the DR-5 but like I said before it's fun now
Well that's my 2cents I don't think you could go wrong with Fruity Loops.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman24
Now I use Fruity Loops and I could not be happier. It's so simple to use and it's actually fun. I never thought I would say that about programing drum parts.
what drum sounds are you using? I can't figure out how to make a real sounding drum kit. All I can get are the techno and dance sounding kits.

There is a lot to learn with Fruity Loops. i just need to sit down and work with it every night.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 PM

Sorry it took so long for me to reply back to you.
I just never came back into this forum area since I posted that I was using Fruity loops. As far as what samples I am using, Well I actually sampled some of my sounds from the Boss DR5 only the ones that I liked it's just so much easier to use them with FL then it was with the actual machine. I also got some other samples off the internet here are the links to some of those sites.
http://samples.artistcollaboration.com/
http://www.natural-studio.co.uk/nskitv5pp.htm#DOWNLOAD
http://top100audiosamples.cjb.net/
I also have a copy of all the Discreet drum CD's coming to me from a friend which should be awsome. I just take these samples and load them into the Fruity Loops sampler and build my own kit for each song that I am writing. i hopr this answers your question. I totally agree that all the techno sounds and drums that come with fruity loops really sucks. But with your own samples the program can real kick some ass.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:29 PM

I have the Fruity Loops trials version and I actually thought it was complicated.
I have a Zoom Mrt 123 and it sounds great.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 12:03 PM

I hold a BOSS DR 770 and I'm very happy with it...being myself a former drummer
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:23 AM

If you can get your hands on an old Roland R5 Human Rhythm Composer, or an R8.
They are excellent machines, and easy to use. They have great "Real" sounds, and you can program human errors and nuances.
Example:
You can make 16th note hi hats have fluctuations in how and how hard they are hit.
All the pads are touch sensative too.

Tags
fruity loops

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode