DS-1 hum - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

I've been listening to some of the clips of the keeley mods, and am wondering if that would take away that hum that I'm getting. I really like the tone coming from the mods, and might think about just getting my ds-1 modded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 PM

Re: DS-1 hum

Has anyone tried the boss ds1x distortion pedal? I'd like to get a few opinions on how it sounds? I'd like to know how the ds1x compares to the boss ds1 with the keeley or analogman mod? Has anyone checked these out and compared them? I'm trying to decide which one to get. I play hard rock, progressive rock, and metal. I play ibanez rgt's and a Marshall jcm 900 half stack. Need more distortion and drive. Please let me know. Thanx.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 06:19 AM

Holy thread revival! 14 years!!!

With that kind of setup you'd probably be better with some sort of boost pedal, e.g. Tubescreamer - I was looking recently for similar as you, I am currently trying various OD pedals, the Boss Blues Driver seems to have a lovely drive to it.

'87
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Contributor

I love DS-1s. I had one Keeley modded and dind't like it at all. The Vox Satchurator is almost exactly like one with a more button as a boost and the MXR Custom Badass 78 Distortion is like a DS1 with more mids and low end.

Tags
amp distortion , boss pedal , boss pedals , eric johnson , fender hot rod , keeley mod , mesa boogie , pedal board , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in