Dunlop Crybaby - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Dunlop Crybaby

Hey guys,

Im buying a Dunlop crybaby wah tomorrow. I just wanted to know in order to use the wah, do i have to keep stepping on the pedal or do i just have to activate it. Cause i want that kind of wah like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:21 PM

Re: Dunlop Crybaby

All wah pedals work by keeping your foot onthem and moving it up and down
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Avoid the Crybaby like the plague. Unless you go for a 535Q or a Crybaby from Hell, Dunlop wahs have zero sweep with any sort of gain, and most of them suck tone like crazy.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 PM

CFH is awesome though.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
CFH is awesome though.
I love mine. Best wah I've ever tried at gain, save for my cousin's Real McCoy wah.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss84 View Post
Hey guys,

Im buying a Dunlop crybaby wah tomorrow. I just wanted to know in order to use the wah, do i have to keep stepping on the pedal or do i just have to activate it. Cause i want that kind of wah like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.

Thanks.
You need to switch it on when using it, there are switchless wah as well but I think they aren't as great sounding as the one equipped with switch.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys i just bought it like 5 hours ago. io bought the GCB95. I know it the worst of all and the cheapest but honestly i love it as my first wah pedal. It just exactly what i wanted. Although strangely the wah only sound agressive when i use the bridge pickup maybe its because my sqquier neck pickup isnt strong enough? Anyway im loving it.

Cheers!

TheBoss84
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Dunno 'bout you guys but I have to strongly disagree about arguments that are going on around here about Crybabies.
For me,they KILL all the rest.
The Morleys,the vox,everything,and I tried a lot of them.
Now I am settled with dunlop classic crybaby and I am absolutely satisfied.
So don't go around like GCB vulgaris is the worst and cheapest of them all...
It's cheap allright but it has it's purpose and potential users who may like it and use it for their music without any problems.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 PM
eg

Is the 535Q worth the extra money? How about the Original crybaby with the fasel?
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM

I like the CFH more than the 535Q. I think it'slike a 535Q +, maybe a 536Q
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 PM

LOL Cid! I think 635 super Q is more appropiate.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg View Post
Is the 535Q worth the extra money? How about the Original crybaby with the fasel?
The fasel will improve the sound slightly when playing clean, but it will still sound like.....nothing, at gain. Crybaby's may be popular, but they're honestly not great pedals unless you for the aforementioned 535Q or Crybaby from Hell. Out of those two, I'd recommend the CFH.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff - CRO View Post
Dunno 'bout you guys but I have to strongly disagree about arguments that are going on around here about Crybabies.
For me,they KILL all the rest.
The Morleys,the vox,everything,and I tried a lot of them.
Now I am settled with dunlop classic crybaby and I am absolutely satisfied.
So don't go around like GCB vulgaris is the worst and cheapest of them all...
It's cheap allright but it has it's purpose and potential users who may like it and use it for their music without any problems.
Im may have expressed that wrong. I meant like the cheapest of the dunlop crybaby line. And still its as good as any other only that you cant adjust anything. But for the price its an excellent pedal. And it was the only one at my local store. When i go to Germany in April i may buy that CFH.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr Machine View Post
The fasel will improve the sound slightly when playing clean, but it will still sound like.....nothing, at gain. Crybaby's may be popular, but they're honestly not great pedals unless you for the aforementioned 535Q or Crybaby from Hell. Out of those two, I'd recommend the CFH.

From my experience i dont think so it sounds good with distorted sound. I agree sometimes the tone is not totally correct but its still really good. Of course i have to agree that the CFH or the 535Q are worth the extra money.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr Machine View Post
Sorry,somebody out of us two is on drugs - so i'm asking,is it you or is it me?

I quit doing that 6-7 years ago so I'm waiting for your experience.
"Crybaby sounds like...nothing at gain."
Seems to me like you have some personal bias towards Crybabies.
I can just strongly disagree with you and say they sound GREAT with gain,from my experience.
I can understand that it doesn't work out for you,specifically,but saying things like that and make it sound like it's some general word of law is really and completley uneccesary.
Crybaby may be too-boring and too-unextravagant as far as the wah goes these days,considering all the technological developement that occured meanwhile,but they are true classics that defined the rock history and most memorable guitar solos of all times.
I can see that people go for alternatives when there are fulltones,vox,buddas and stuff like that,but still,Crybaby is and will always be the class of its own!Nobody can't beat that.
I own a Crybaby classic (red fasel) and I chose it among a lot of more expensive brands because it sounded the best and most natural to my ears and money was not an issue to me.I could have 10 wahs at the time If i wanted.It's all just a matter of personal preference.But the difference is that I'll never put my word as it is universal cosmic law,it will always sound like it is supposed to sound - like an opinion.Nothing less,nothing more.

Tags
bridge pickup , dunlop crybaby , dunlop wah , ibanez weeping demon , joe satriani , neck pickup , steve vai , vox wah , wah pedal , wah pedals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode