In-Ear Headphones - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

In-Ear Headphones

I want some In-Ear headphones for my Ipod/PSP because mine just bit the dust. I hope to not spend too much money since money is a little tight, also I don't care if it is noise canceling or not but it would be an added bonus
I mainly care about sound quality and durability.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Re: In-Ear Headphones

I have no idea if they are cheap or expensive. I got a set of Bose in-ear for Christmas. Excellent sound quality, and at least I can keep them plugged in all day without feeling like my ear is about to give birth.

Link: http://www.bose.com/controller?event...adphones_index
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 AM

I agree, those bose in ears are awesome. I did think they could use a little more high end as far as the sound went, but comfort they are definitely the best I've ever used. They also seemed like the were really well built. I only used them for a day, but am thinking about buying a pair now. For cheaper ones, I really liked the sound of my skullcandy smokin buds. I got a pair and my brother did too. Mine went out after about 9 months, but hes had his for a lot longer than that and they are still working well so maybe i just got a bad pair...
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:36 AM

i use ultimate ears.

rich
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:48 AM

Reviews: 120

I bought some JVC ones that were fairly cheap, and they are the most comfortable bud-earphones I've ever tried. They have the softest rubber ear pieces to sit over the main unit, and comes with spares for if they get too grubby or lost, etc. $40AUD, surely quite a bit cheaper in the states. Great sound quality too.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 AM

i bouth some sony ones with replacible peices that are really amazing the bass is incredible, and they were only 40$
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 02:41 AM

Reviews: 65

If you want real excellent quality beyond that of standard in-ear buds you only have 2 choices really:

Shure e3c or e2c in some cases these are no longer available but there are replacement modells on the way. These are actually the cheaper way to go.

The best I have ever used are:
Etymotic ER 6
Those are really expensive...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 AM

Sony MDR EX-71 are the best option until you get the Shures. I've been using them for over 10 years. They replaced an even nicer Sony top-end in-ear that had a kind of bronze colouring - anyone remember those?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Go right past those in-ear Bose headphones, they're really not very good...excessively bassy and not noise-filtering. I used the Etymotic ER6s for a while and they were pretty good, but the BEST ive ever tried and the ones I still own today are the Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro. Absolutely incredible sound quality, and really comfortable to boot. I didnt even have that "adjustment" period you usually have with in-ear phones.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 PM

I got some Shure SE210s (successor of E3C) and they are great. $150 though. You might check out the SE110s though, for around $50 less.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:33 AM

Ultimate Ears headphones are THE BEST bar none.

Below that, Bose and Shure both make awesome headphones, if you'd like to go for those.

As for me, I've got my inexpensive Apple In-Ears, got 'em for free when my originals broke two days after I bought my iPod and American Express covered the damage. They're good and get the job done, but if I could have and had the money, I would have gone with Shure, or Boss.

Ultimate Ears vary in pricing depending on the model, Shures run from about $150-$500 I think, and Boss's in ears are $99. The Apples are $40.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:17 PM

You'll get the best sound quality from the ear canal types, with the seal on them. The earbud types are just no good for bass response. It really depends on your budget, as the quality varies greatly from price to price. But I'd say the best low budget ones for iPod are the Etymotic ER-6i's. These were actually designed to work for the iPod. Still, $80 for headphones isn't exactly cheap.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:38 PM

I have Shure E4c's, and I don't like them at all. Compared to Sennheiser HD580's (which are not in ear, of course), they kill all top end. I regret not buying the Etymotics.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Go right past those in-ear Bose headphones, they're really not very good...excessively bassy and not noise-filtering.
Guess the source is a part of the equation.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

I decided to get some 60 dollar sony's and they sound AMAZING. Later on down the road I might go to the (really expensive buttttt) Ultimate Ears, and get some custom ones , maybe get ones I can use as a good monitor for playing live

this is what I got and I have to say my music has never sounded better, and the bass is tastey
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665194451

Tags
bass response

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode