Earphones to Amp for Practicing - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Earphones to Amp for Practicing

Hello!

I'm planning to practice at night via my amplifier's headphone out jack. However it doesn't seem to work (my adapter's working fine). I'm using a pair of good ol' in-ear earphones

Or do I need a special set of earphones or headphones to practice?

My amp is a Laney LG35R. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 PM

Re: Earphones to Amp for Practicing

No, you shouldn't need a special pair of headphones or earphones. I would recommend headphones over earphones though, purely for quality of sound. If you've checked your earphones and adaptor together in something like your home stereo then there's something up with the amp's headphone output.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 01:04 PM

Re: Earphones to Amp for Practicing

I don't practice late all THAT often, but I usually just leave my amp's volume (a Mesa Roadster half stack, though with a Hot Plate in line) very low and don't worry about it.

That said, if you need noiseless, something like running into a recording interface (if you have one) and monitoring through an amp sim VST works pretty well - the LePou stuff is free, and kind of depressingly good - through a Recto cab/SM57 cab impulse, I was able to dial in their Lecto model to an uncomfortably good approximation of the lead tone I get out of my Roadster.

Tags
amp , earphone , ermonski , night , practice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode