Eddie's NAMM report... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
EKG

Eddie's NAMM report...

OK, I'm back from the show...I haven't read the previous posts, so here I go....

Steve says hello to all of us here on the JEMSITE He and his "walkie talkie" guy were cool enough to let me take a few pics without standing in the insane line. Much thanx go to them.

The Edge/LoPro are NOT interchangable with the NEW Edge Pros, as previously mentioned. It is a whole new routing.

No worries about the Edge and LoPro...they are NOT going away anytime soon. PERIOD!! All colors available except the gold Edge.

The Edge Pro II is a huge improvement over the TRS systems. Although the Pro and Pro II appear to have the same base plates, they are, in fact, 2 different animals. The great thing about the Pro II is it has a knife edge plate that is heat treated as opposed to the TRS's having just the knife edge portions of the trem treated. The trem arm is a pop in, but with no washers/bushings. It is height adjustable by using a set screw from the bottom of the arm holder and another set screw adjusts for tension (swings freely or you can have it stiff like a new bushing Edge arm).

The Zero RESISTANCE (not Zero Rocker, I was clearly let known) is quite a trem. I played it, yanked it, cranked it, you name it and it came back to nuetral. I even took a string out...stayed in tune. I was impressed! Won't be on RG style models for a while. This also comes with an on-board intonation tool (like the Intonation Key). Really cool. This is also very easily modified to be a righty or lefty trem. They did their homework. Th can control the tension on the springs in back to allow for more or less flutter. This trem will not, however, pitch up a fifth like the Edges.

The MM model, I was looking forward to. But, once picking it up, the quality just isn't there that I have become accustomed to with the made in Japan guitars. I guess it is still a great guitar for the low price.

The PGM30 is the true bargain! Comes with an Edge Pro I and a Pestige neck...swap out the pups and you are in business!!

COLORS? The more popular the model, the more colors avail for that model. Also, $$ makes a difference. Since the Sig lines are higher priced, they don't move as many, limiting color options...that is why there are only 3 JEMs.

K7 - Kept the Original LoPros since all the tooling was just made last year...would not have been cost effective to retool after just one year, plus it has the U-Bar.

Ran into Satch, but people were bombarding him with "Joe! Over here...No, Over here". He looked like a puppy in a room full of people calling him. He looked great!

Sadly, I didn't meet Paul Gilbert, but there is still tomorrow!

I was ignored by Gene Simmons again...

I would say Steve Vai had the longest line waiting for him except for EVH. I think his line was longer than the original Star Wars line back in the late 70's! He performed and signed.

I have more...just have to remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 10:49 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
nice job I'm going to lock/move so there are not too many NAMM discussions and cross-posting... glen
Closed Thread

Tags
arm holder , base plate , edge pros , intonation tool , paul gilbert , steve vai , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode