Edge Pro Zero Point - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Edge Pro Zero Point

Hey everyone. Got a jem recently. Its been a real struggle. Any help is greatly appreciated. I installed the tremol-no aligned everything and the bridge is perfectly parrallel. Everything looks good. When I use the whammy bar, it never returns back to zero point. Its always either higher or lower thus taking me out of tune whenever I use the tremolo. I figured what Rich says is wrong with my knife edges is true and the need to be lubed up. So I take the bridge out lube everything just as he says and still nothing. Im losing hope here.

Thanks

Cristian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Vendor

Re: Edge Pro Zero Point

Your problem is probably the T-No, not aligned, not lubed, just not letting the trem return right.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Your problem is probably the T-No, not aligned, not lubed, just not letting the trem return right.
I took the t-bar out and just had the claw and springs and still the same thing. I dont know how else Im supposed to "align" the t-no. Ive done everything the video says on youtube and researched so much.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Vendor

If the T-No is out then your problem obviously lies elsewhere. You'd have to explain exactly how it goes out of tune when you do exactly what.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If the T-No is out then your problem obviously lies elsewhere. You'd have to explain exactly how it goes out of tune when you do exactly what.
When I bring the tremolo up and lower the pitch of the strings, the bridge stays a little higher and the notes go flat. When I bring the treomol down towards the cavity to make the notes sharp, the bridge stays a little lower and the notes are sharp.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Vendor

Only tune after a dive so the bridge can only go sharp on pullup. Past that i'd be looking for something binding, touching, rubbing, something.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Is this a NEW guitar? If not, my thought is that the knife edges on the trem could be worn.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Springs!

There is another thread like this in progress right now.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Reviews: 120

I have to ask, why have you made so many threads for this same issue? You've got like 3 or 4 now. Please in future stick to just the one thread. No need to clog it all up with multiples. All the information you receive is scattered across them and hard to keep up with. You end up with multiples of the same advice.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I have to ask, why have you made so many threads for this same issue? You've got like 3 or 4 now. Please in future stick to just the one thread. No need to clog it all up with multiples. All the information you receive is scattered across them and hard to keep up with. You end up with multiples of the same advice.
sorry first time.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Springs!

There is another thread like this in progress right now.
Where is the thread?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolson View Post
Is this a NEW guitar? If not, my thought is that the knife edges on the trem could be worn.
Its fairly new.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Too flat. It should have a slight forward tilt.

Tags
edge pro jem vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode