effects - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

effects

hi can anyone give me advice my zoom8080 broken im after the best effects unit money can buy was looking at digitech gnx3 any advice cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM

Re: effects

If you are after a floor unit, there are plenty available, including the Line 6 PodXt Live, the Boss Gt-8, the Digitech GNX-4, the Zoom 9.2tt, the Vox tonelab, and the Korg toneworks.

They all offer plenty of good tones and lots of tweakability.

But your best bet is to take your favourite guitar with you to every guitar shop in town, and try as many effects units as possible. If possible try it through the same model amp as yours at home to get a more accurate idea of how it will sound.

It's also worth noting that many of the default patches in effects units have extreme tones due to the manufacturer wanting to show off their various effects. A little bit of tweaking can make a crappy factory patch shine, so be prepared to turn the knobs and let your ears chose for you.

Personally, I really like Line 6, but I've tried most of the units I listed above, and I thaught they were all fine products.

Hope this has helped and...

Rock on!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

thanks heavy metal cheers bro
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:14 AM

I use a Zoom G2.1u, and it's an excellent unit. Though, I have heard a LOT of positive feedback over Line6's products... give them all a shot. It's your sound that the pedal will be producing, so you should like the sound. Whichever one you like should be the one you choose.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 AM

Reviews: 16

I use a GNX4 which is pretty close to the 3. If you have any questions about it let me know. I can also send you the presets I've made for myself that I think sound pretty good.

Also check out Guitar Workstation.com forum for all the GNX products. You can ask questions there as well.

If you choose to go with a GNX then I'd advise you to check out the bay and possibly pick one up used. I did and only spent $350 for mine that was gently used by a music teacher.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:29 AM

get a gt-8. i heard all of the multi fx pedals, and this one owned by far. line 6 has good modeling, not good effects, the gnx just wasn't up there with quality. i haven't tried the others, but the gt-8 has effects that you won't be able to get any where else

Tags
guitar shop , heavy metal , vox tonelab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode