effects loop question - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

effects loop question

i tried to run my amp in stereo today and it didn't see like it worked.

my mark iv has a single send and a right and left return for the effects loop. i ran the send to the mono in on my g major. then both outs from the g major to both ins on my bbe 482i. then both those outs to the right and left returns on the mark it. i'm running 2 1x12 cabs. i tried the panner feature on the g major and it seems that it just gets loud through both speakers and then soft through both speakers... its not panning. both channels of the BBE are getting signal too, but only one channel seems to be affecting the tone when i turn the knobs, so it's not that it's not sending the signal from the g major.. it seems like it's getting signal the whole way through but the mark isn't accepting it as stereo and is still only using the mono channel.. please help.. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 08:16 AM

Re: effects loop question

the Mark is not a Stereo AMP, you'll need a second amplifier to send the signal there to run it in stereo (see at the manual about the satelite)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Re: effects loop question

ohh... duh.. mesa shoulda put the effects loop section before the satellite section.. i went right to the effects loop section without looking at satellite. so how about this.. could i just add like a mesa 20/20 or 2:50 or 2:90 or whatever in my rack, send the mono signal through it, and then run two more cabinets?? i can't find anyhting about the actual mesa satellite combos, but i think i'd rather have matching cabs to the ones i have over a head and cabs for one channel and a combo for the other anyway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode