Effects pedal MA ratings? please help! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Effects pedal MA ratings? please help!

Can anyone please explain to me what MA ratings are on guitar effects.

I have a pedalboard and have different effects pedals on it

Boss tu-2 - morley bad horsie -biyang x- drive - biyang aqua chours -digitech digi delay - behringer noise reducer.

on the back of each effects pedal it either says 200ma -300ma etc

I am looking for a pedal power supply to power all my pedals and have found the Biyang pedal power supply as it is in my price range and offers the following.

Slots 1-2 can power 9V DC effects up to 1000mA or power up to 5 pedals simultaniously (using the included daisy chain, Max 1000mA).

Slots 3-5 can power 9V DC PSA effects up to 100mA (Suitable for most pedals on the market).

Slots 6-7 are designed for the old Boss ACA effect pedals.

Slots 8-9 provide an AC 6V current for the Biyang OTD100 and other AC 6V pedals.

as all my 9v effects pedal add up too over 1000ma could i not daisy chain them in inputs one and 2? and also it states that Slots 3-5 can power 9V DC PSA effects up to 100mA (Suitable for most pedals on the market). but none of my pedals are under 100ma as most are 200ma and 300ma

Can anyone please help me with this as i am really confused and don't want to buy the Biyang pedal power supply and not be able to power all my pedals together off the same power supply

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Effects pedal MA ratings? please help!

the mA are how much power the pedals consume. You want to make sure that there is more than enough mA available from your power supply to power the pedals comfortably, so they operate efficiently. If you are too close to the max mA that the supply gives out you risk introducing noise and the like.

Put enough of you pedals that's still under 1000mA on the first two slots and that should be ok.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Re: Effects pedal MA ratings? please help!

You can't overload mA.
Milliamps are taken as needed.
As long as you have enough, everything will work fine.

Tags
advice needed , effects , miliamp , ratings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode