EHX Electronic Metronome (review without demo) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-31-2021, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,268
EHX Electronic Metronome (review without demo)

EHX Electronic Metronome

Features:
Rate - Speed of tone
Tone - 2 selectable tones via switch. High/Low pitched.
Out - Output jack

I bought this metronome for a very specific reason: I wanted a metronome that I could gradually speed up and slow down without knowing the actual BPM. Why? Just an experiment. The EHX Electronic Metronome does this and is the only metronome I've found that does. However, it has some flaws.

First, the low pitched tone sounds like it could blow a studio monitor so I avoid that tone.

Second, only about 20% of the rate is usable as a metronome. The other 80% is too fast for anything music related and at 100% it almost produces a pure tone. While unique, it is not particularly useful for keeping time at a useful rate.

Overall, I can not recommend the EHX Electronic Metronome as metronome. However, it is a cool piece of gear from another era that could have creative potential when used with other gear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0828.jpeg (330.5 KB, 5 views)
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
ehx , electronic metronome

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome