Electro Harmonix Micro POG - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Electro Harmonix Micro POG

I love the sound of the Big POG but it's waay to pricy for me so I got a question...can I recreate the big POG with a Micro POG?I'm only interested in using it like Joe does on Super Colossal and Didle Ya doo Dat.That's the only example I can give you :/

Also...I noticed that it sounds better when the Micro POG or POG is before distortion/OD pedals.Will the effect be the same if I use it before the Amps distortion?I really don't like the Synthesizer sound that comes out of the Micro POG/POG when used after the Distortion.

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Re: Electro Harmonix Micro POG

hey man,

Ive not played a full pog but have a micro pog in my pedalboard at the moment. it's pretty decent pedal and tracks single notes really well... chords not so well but good enough... Its pretty good for those white stripes sounds.. think "blue orchid etc". It does a good job with super colossal stuff too... but I think the full pog has more octaves and options so I dont know if you can truly replciate it with a micro pog... but you could get so exceptionally close that you would have a hard time telling. You can also use it for faking up some jimi inspired octave fuzz type tones by setting the octave up to about 2 oclock and the dry up full (down octave off)... and its much much easier to handle then something like a fulltone ultimate octave which you need to learn how to play like a whole new instrument.

Ive not tried the pedal after distortion. My gut feeling is that it wouldnt be able to properly octave the signal as the input signal is more complicated ... so I think you would just get a lot of noise back. I also put it before the wah for the same reason... it doesnt react well to it.

to answer your question more directly it sits very well before my amps gain... the amp reacts better to it then the OD/distortion/Fuzz pedals do... might be the way amps work vs pedals.

I went through the same thought process as you... in the end I went for the micro pog because its smaller, fits on my pedal board and runs on 9V power like all my other pedals so it can share the power supply. The full pog failed on all the above criteria which is a serious pain in the ass..

Steve
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Re: Electro Harmonix Micro POG

wow!Thanks for the info man!Your answer helped me alot!

I'm leaning towards the Micro POG too for the same reasons.Small!Cheaper!And sounds awesome too!I don't think I will be using it for chords.I've also heared that's it's less noisy than the POG.It's just that I hate the synth effect you get when you use it After distortion pedals.I only like the Before-distortion sounds.

I really don't mind the fact that it lacks octaves compared to the POG.I just like my distortion to sound BIG! (not synthy) at some places .That's why I only plan to use it Before.

Thanx again

Constantine

Tags
electro , harmonix , micro , pog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode