Eminence Wizards - anyone familiar? Looking for new speakers. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Eminence Wizards - anyone familiar? Looking for new speakers.

I'm going to buy a new stereo 2x12 cab from Avatar Speakers, but I haven't decided on speakers yet.

I'm looking at Eminence Wizards. Is anyone familiar with these? (I did a search here and found nada.) I have a mono cab with Vintage 30s, but I'd like something with better (tighter) bottom end and smoother on the high end. Emphasize smooth.

Another possibility is the Celestion G12H30s.

My rig consists of a Voodoo Labs preamp, FX, Mesa 20/20 to existing cab with Celestion knock-offs (not my cab).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Re: Eminence Wizards - anyone familiar? Looking for new speakers.

well, i have the texas heats, i love them huge bottom end and a lot of top end bit.

For you if your looking for smoother these may not be your bag . i know a few other people have the wizards mixed with another one from emience, i forgot but they are suppose to be really nice speakers.

did you check out the hellatone 60 and 30s ?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra2217
did you check out the hellatone 60 and 30s ?
No. It doesn't look like they offer the Hellatones with the 2x12. (?)

Edit: Yes they do. I e-mailed Dave @ Avatar (he responded within a few minutes as he usually does) and he also updated the site.

Last edited by bpd111; 08-01-2005 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Update
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 07:57 PM

When I think smooth in reference to some Eminence speakers, I'd think of the Cannabis Rex or the Legend 125. Celestion G12H-30's (= Wizards) would be ok I think, or if you wanted something a little more neutral, you may try the G12H-80's. People love the Weber California's too for a smooth, natural sounding speaker.

-Ben
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 AM

get the celestions vintage 30s there great for many types of music, i play death metal. and they have tons and tons of chunck and low end, but there not just for that, steve vai uses them its a key factor in the reason he has his godly tone, and you can get them from avatarspeakers cheaper then anywere else on earth. thats no joke, you can get a cab with 4 vintage 30s metal grill, and choice of wireing for under 500 and, if you bought the speakers sepratly it would be over 500 dollars, you could get a 2x12 as well. just check them out
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

I'm still torn here between the Wizards (or even Governors), G12H30s, and the Vintage 30s (I'd just like something smoother).

Anyone have anymore input? Or know of anywhere I could here G12H30 clips?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
rgr

G12H30s may be the ticket then, I think Avatar was blowing them out at one point. They have lots of bottom but are smoother than the V30s. I'm not a huge fan of V30s either, they are good speakers, just not my favorite, too midrangey. Of course, alot depends on the cabinet they are in too. Can't help you with the Eminence speakers though. Celestion's website has some sound clips that might help, I think Eminence's does too.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr
Celestion's website has some sound clips that might help, I think Eminence's does too.
I haven't been able to find Celestion's clips.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
rgr

I just looked at their site and it has changed since last time I found them, they don't seem to be available now.

Tags
death metal , steve vai , voodoo lab , voodoo labs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode