Engl Screamer - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Engl Screamer

I think I'm going to get this amp(Engl Screamer) but I wanted to get others opinions on it. I play music like Racer X, Vai, Dream Theater and some other Metal. Will it be able to fill my need for a killer lead channel and great heavy rhythms? Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Re: Engl Screamer

It is a great amp indeed, and would be perfect for your requirements IMO. However, the combo version I've played through seemed to own the head in terms of tone. The head was very brittle and trebley, not a pleasant sound at all. Recently I have come to believe this is down to the Engl cab the head was going through, as my friend tried his Single Rec through it and hated it. The cab in question is the Engl vintage 2x12. By all means try the head out if you are looking for the stack option, but I'd recommend playing it through say a Mesa or Marshall cab instead. I've also read very good reviews of people using it with a Bogner Uberschall cabinet, but that may be outside your budget.

I hope you find the amp you're looking for.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

I was actually thinking of buying a Carvin 4x12 with V30's in it because they are like half the price of the Engl 4x12 with V30's.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:21 PM

accually you should get a avatar cab, with vintage 30s its still cheaper then the carvin, check it out www.avatarspeakers.com its the g4x12
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarshredder7
accually you should get a avatar cab, with vintage 30s its still cheaper then the carvin, check it out www.avatarspeakers.com its the g4x12

But are they as good of quality that everyone makes them out to be? Not just for the price because if I have to pay more if I can get better quality. Just not $1100 like the Engl cab is...

Tags
bogner uberschall , engl screamer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode