Epic NPD - Suhr Riot! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Epic NPD - Suhr Riot!

I really do have almost all I want when it comes to pedals...but one pedal that I've been itching to try ever since it came out was the Suhr Riot. If the demos were to be believed, this pedal is the best thing since sliced bread. It's a distortion pedal capable of an extremely huge range of tones, and able to turn a totally clean amp into a raging metal monster. Problem is...I could never find one to test out, and I don't like buying pedals sight unseen. Today I had some time to kill so I wandered into my local mom'n'pop shop, and lo and behold someone had brought one in last night, new and never used. I tried it for 5 minutes and knew I'd be going home with it. It ended up being almost half the price of a new one online.

My camcorder is dead at the moment so I can't post any videos, but here's a pic or two. You have to love the color:

All in all I must call this the finest pedal I have ever experienced. I love my BB preamp to death and it's never coming off my board, but what this pedal does for high gain tone is simply unrivaled. It really is like adding a whole new channel to your amplifier, and the pedal really does respond like a quality tube amplifier. Here's a great demo online until I can get my video runnin' again to shoot some clips (credit to Mr. Pete Thorn for his awesome demo clip!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNA7Z6tPnc

The best part about it is that it really shines for ALL types of distortion, from a light kinda overdrive to full on 80s metal.

Anyway, this pedal gets 10 stars outa 5 from me. I am absolutely amazed at what this single pedal did for my tone, which I already thought was pretty darn good. Highly recommended!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 AM

Reviews: 34
Re: Epic NPD - Suhr Riot!

err, it looks awesome.

Would be interesting to AB this with some other stuff (TS, MXR, SD1)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I'd love to see a review in the reviews section with some sound clips

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
err, it looks awesome.

Would be interesting to AB this with some other stuff (TS, MXR, SD1)
I have a TS, and it shouldn't even be spoken of in the same sentence as this pedal lol. The Riot leaves it in the dust for versatility, clarity, and overall usefulness. This is one of the only pedals I've tried where every tiny tweak of a knob actually makes a noticeable difference to the tone, and where EVERY setting (including having all the knobs pretty much maxed out) is completely usable.

AlaskaBat, I am gonna do just that...as soon as my video's up and running again . For now, I couldn't be happier with this pedal and it gets my highest recommendation.

Tags
custom , mesa , riot , suhr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode