Eventide Harmonzier..... Huh? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Exclamation Eventide Harmonzier..... Huh?

So, im looking at getting an eventide harmonizer H3000.
Been working for my parents alot, started school holidays today, and have applied for a job at my local guitar shop. so therefore i have an income. soon able to afford one. (in the 1000 and less category)

i was looking at an H3000 Ultra, but the audio in and out are XLR connections?

so if i bought it, (i know it has a switch for 110-230 volts) would i just need to plugin in female XLR - 1 1/4 inch connections?

would this work? = http://images.miretail.com/products/...zon/246954.jpg

any way, sorry for going on, but im a tad confused, but i hear these sound brilliant!
love to hear it with my mark iv!

Thanks
Cam-vai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Re: Eventide Harmonzier..... Huh?

yeah - the voltage could be easily adapted but the cables has to be xlr - your right.
great unit - i would propose to get an H3000D/SX or H3000D/SE.

all the best

t/
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Reviews: 1

Hi , Got a H3000 D/SX and they sound great . What you said about the cables is correct!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

sweet, sounds perfect!
only problem, is that the mark iv is a beast! i have loads of trouble controlling it at low volumes even!
but these units look like tanks! anyone have sounds clips at all? cant find any.

Cam-vai
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Have you considered getting the Eventide Pitch Factor instead? It's way smaller and probably has way more CPU power and higher signal fidelity. You may not be able to dig as deep into the settings when configuring your own patches but unless you're extremely into that kind of stuff I'd say the PF has pretty much everything covered (including some presets based on the H3000).
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Have you considered getting the Eventide Pitch Factor instead? It's way smaller and probably has way more CPU power and higher signal fidelity. You may not be able to dig as deep into the settings when configuring your own patches but unless you're extremely into that kind of stuff I'd say the PF has pretty much everything covered (including some presets based on the H3000).
+1000 on the Pitchfactor. For a guitarist, these are the way to go. If you did go the h3000 route you would also need a midi footcontroller to switch presets....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Im big into ultra fine tuning everything in my rig.

+ i want delays and vai patches etc!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 02:39 PM

I used the H3000 Ultra for years, great unit. I would seriously consider the AxeFx Ultra. You can do many of the same things FX wise (even Crystal Echos and intelligent pitch shifting). The AxeFx has the added benefits of be a great direct recording device with awesome amp sims and it's way easier to program. Also the lag when you change presets on the Eventide is beyond brutal

The Eventide is however a wicked unit.

Mark
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 AM

I do have the pitchfactor... cost me about $600 new. I don't use it as much as I want as I tend to play a lot of fast, progressive rock, and sometimes those harmonizing notes come out 'sour' unless you keep them low in the mix. Still a great unit, although I can't compare it to other Eventide products. Apparently, they took the best of their classic big units and put it into the PitchFactor floor pedal. Around 50 pre-sets, I believe, and you can change or save as desired.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj View Post
I do have the pitchfactor... cost me about $600 new. I don't use it as much as I want as I tend to play a lot of fast, progressive rock, and sometimes those harmonizing notes come out 'sour' unless you keep them low in the mix. Still a great unit, although I can't compare it to other Eventide products. Apparently, they took the best of their classic big units and put it into the PitchFactor floor pedal. Around 50 pre-sets, I believe, and you can change or save as desired.
We already discussed this - im getting the rack gear, its better and more expansive!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Get whatever you want. I'm simply giving my opinion for others on the board not wanting to spend the money but want a less expensive alternative.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj View Post
Get whatever you want. I'm simply giving my opinion for others on the board not wanting to spend the money but want a less expensive alternative.
It just didn't really relate to anything in terms of what i was saying.

Tags
eclipse , eventide , h3000 , harmonizer , xlr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode