Everything you know about amplifiers is... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Everything you know about amplifiers is...

Zachary guitars has gotten into the pedal and amp business, and business looks good!

Think what you want about the guitars, The design and philosophy behind these amps and pedal is undeniably cool. The only question is, do you really want to hear what your playing actually sounds like?

Playing without the multiple gain stages and effects that most of us are used to can be an eye opening experience. For me it was like one of those dreams where you show up for work (or school)only to find you were in such a hurry you forgot to get dressed. All of the sudden you realize you are standing in front of all of your peers naked. Playing through this type of amp can make you feel a little naked, but like being naked you are also rewarded with warmth and touch sensitivity. Unlike the dry humping you get with most modern high gain amps that try to cram in too many features and not enough tone.

I have been playing the Zachary pedal through my little blues junior tube amp. The pedal is very transparent and it makes you feel so much more connected to the sound coming from the amp. It is very expressive. You can hear subtle nuances just from different picking techniques and bends. You can also hear every mistake with alarming clarity. It's not for everyone, maybe not even for me.

They say truly great players can sound good through any guitar and any amp, but I bet they would sound the best through this setup.

links:
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/AMP_191206pics.htm
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/AMP_250707pics.htm
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Pedals.htm

Last edited by Dino; 08-04-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Added links, fixed spelling :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Everything you know about amplifiers is...

Pics of the amps and gear:

post #3 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

post #4 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:11 PM

LOL
post #5 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 PM

please don't take this the wrong way dude.. butttttttttttttttt

1) that dudes site makes him look like a 13 year old, i checked the stuff out for hours one day..
2) he his TONE DEAF, i watched the vids of him playing, and he does not even grasp tonal theory, complete crap..
3) his tones were awful, way too much gain, used chorus, and just was not good at all..

this is totally directed towards him, not you.. you can flip out at me if you want, but I am only telling what I have observed.. His site looks as silly as an expage childrens site, and half of it is just ragging on other companies...

i started defending him on this forum b4, Regardless of most of the guitars being hideous, and his immature site, it sounded like they would be cool..

THEN i checked out the videos (of him playing, and tons of the other vids he has posted..)

Let me tell you it was a big enough pain in the ass to download 80meg videos FFS--- then, i had to put up with awful playing and a terrible tone... LOL, he says he only sells to serious musicians, and has to meet u and hear u first--while he can't even stay in key..

Either way... or anyway....... I could not even think about buying one of his guitars if the only videos posted have them sounding like garbage.. if the luthier does not have an ear, why should we take his word for what a 'good' guitar is...

and even more ridiculous, he expects you to only use his custom gauge strings, and doesn't promise for good performance if it is setup for regular sets..
post #6 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

I understand what you are saying, but there are many good players using his stuff. He exaggerates in those vids to show a certain aspect of what is happening. Example: Playing with the whammy bar like an idiot for fifteen minutes and then playing a couple of clean open chords at the very end so you can see how the guitar stayed perfectly in tune. Watch a couple of the other vids, like the one with Mark Miller or the Bobby Tuzza song recorded with his Zachary guitar "Beauty of time."

Remember, he has to be very careful not to play something that is copywrited in his video's, he can't just break into Van Halen or something.

Last edited by Dino; 08-04-2007 at 04:42 PM.
post #7 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 PM

He's had these for a while. I like his guitars a lot more than his amps.
post #8 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 PM

We are quite lucky that with all this guy's genius he decided to apply it to guitars and amps. Although I anxiously await the "Everything you know about curing Lukemia is wrong" thread.
post #9 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Katana View Post
He's had these for a while. I like his guitars a lot more than his amps.
The "Hussy" amp is a new one. And I just recently got the pedal, so I thought I would combine them into one thread.

Anyone actually have any thoughts about this purist philiosophy as related to the pedal and amps? I mean, the way the world is headed, these kids who are playing "Guitar Hero" actually think they are playing guitar... Is that where we are headed?
post #10 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
We are quite lucky that with all this guy's genius he decided to apply it to guitars and amps. Although I anxiously await the "Everything you know about curing Lukemia is wrong" thread.
He cured it already, we are just not good enough for it.
post #11 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
The "Hussy" amp is a new one. And I just recently got the pedal, so I thought I would combine them into one thread.

Anyone actually have any thoughts about this purist philiosophy as related to the pedal and amps? I mean, the way the world is headed, these kids who are playing "Guitar Hero" actually think they are playing guitar... Is that where we are headed?
Hey, I have Guitar Hero! It's a great game, but it's just that: a game.
post #12 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Apparently Eveything you know about Gutiar Hero is wrong.
Zachery is going to make a new controller for the game out of his mom's dildo and some chickenwire.
post #13 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:52 PM

/\

...what???....it's just a game!?!!??!?! *runs to the mirror* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!
post #14 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Talking Re: Everything you know about amplifiers is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Apparently Eveything you know about Gutiar Hero is wrong.
Zachery is going to make a new controller for the game out of his mom's dildo and some chickenwire.
LOL, that actually made me laugh out loud!
post #15 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:57 PM

"Everything you know about me is wrong. I'm actually quite fond of ballet" - Zachary

Tags
acoustic guitar , boost pedal , clean tone , combo amp , death metal , eric johnson , gauge strings , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar players , guitar playing , high gain amp , leo fender , les paul , les pauls , mesa boogie , morbid angel , music store , overdrive pedal , pat metheny , picking technique , playing guitar , preamp gain , rivera tbr , stomp box , string acoustic , suhr guitars , ted nugent , tube amp , tube combo , tube combos , van halen , zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode