EVH New Guitar? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

EVH New Guitar?

Hey gang, wondering if any one has heard that EVH and Fender are working on a new version of the Wolfgang...? The reason I am asking is I was looking up wolfgangs on #bay and one of the descriptions talked about EVH doing a new version. Since then I can't find that auction to re-read it to make sure i got the info right. Does anyone know about this? I would also like to hear from someone that owns a peavey hp special and how they like it. Thanks, Tuggey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 PM

Re: EVH New Guitar?

Yes Ed is designing a new wolfgang with fender. One of his roadies recently quit due to pressures at rehearsal/studio/issues with ed. He confirmed the existence of prototypes and said they sound good, but thats about all that is known at this point. I would expect it to be around by next namm imo but who knows for sure. The 5150 3 was in proto stage for quite awhile so i wouldnt be surprised if the new wolfgang hasnt been around for the past year in some stage or another. Lets hope for a better cutaway design this time around, and original floyd.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Sniper, thanks for the info, I know that proto-guitars can be "in the works" for a while, I was just hoping to see if it was worth waiting for before I pull the trigger on something else. Tuggey
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 12:06 AM

Well i would wait myself. I like the peavey hp's to an extent but they are missing a few things that make them a wolfgang. Its always worth waiting for to see what gets dumped on the market during christmas time at least anyways. Ed going on tour, fender will likely really really want to have the guitar out by then, so you could expect an announcement in as little as the next month or so.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:29 AM

Reviews: 3

I heard this rumor too. It's supposed to be a new Wolfgang.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Guru, The thought of a new wolfgang is enticing, and I'm very close to getting an HP CT Special but am thinking of waiting to see what this thing sounds and looks like. Tuggey
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 PM

Reviews: 3

Tuggey, The Peavey Custom Shop is very cool on their website. I'd wait or buy a used Wolfy.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 PM

Here are some brand new photos of a Van Halen rehearsal. It looks like Eddie's using a new prototype Wolfgang, judging by the new headstock shape.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...n%20Rehearsal/
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Cool pics man.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM

Clumsy looking thing full stop - The EB Music Man was kinda nice, the Wolfgang sort of okay - that thing looks like, "well, how far can we bend the basic body shape before it completely sucks...."

Dave Lee Roth looks great - obviously made some, um, different lifestyle choices to Ed over the years.....
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Clumsy looking thing full stop - The EB Music Man was kinda nice, the Wolfgang sort of okay - that thing looks like, "well, how far can we bend the basic body shape before it completely sucks...."

Dave Lee Roth looks great - obviously made some, um, different lifestyle choices to Ed over the years.....

Seeing as when that guitars headstock was patented the guitar is clearly an early prototype and their are a few old shots of that particular headstock from well over a year ago floating around.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:40 PM

Reviews: 120

Great pics, but yeah that new guitar is a little odd looking.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1 View Post
Seeing as when that guitars headstock was patented the guitar is clearly an early prototype and their are a few old shots of that particular headstock from well over a year ago floating around.
That's worth a googling. If anyone can find them, please post them here as I'd be very interested to see pics of this new prototype which aren't blurry!
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1 View Post
If it's a Wolfgang, they're uglier than I thought they were.....
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 AM

I don't think I'll be tempted to buy one of those. Thanks for the pics, though!

Tags
body shape , boss pedal , charvel evh , control knobs , custom shop , dave lee roth , david mccarroll , ernie ball , fender custom shop , guitars headstock , headstock shape , michael anthony , peavey wolfgang , peavey wolfgang standard , pointy headstock , style knobs , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode