Feedback from a POD??? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback from a POD???

I record directly to my computer from a POD 2.0. I know that feedback is nigh on to impossible with this setup. Problem is...I want so badly to make insanely high-pitched, controlled squeals. Is there any way to fool the POD into doing this?

Here's my setup:
7DBK to POD 2.0 to soundcard. Headphones out from computer speakers for monitoring (although I could pull the headphones out and go straight from the speakers).

Never thought I'd say this to a bunch of guys, but...help make me squeal like a little piggy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:57 PM

If you monitor it through some little powered speakers instead of headphones, you can probably coax feedback out of it if they're close enough and/or loud enough to excite your guitar's strings into sympathetic vibration.

Or you could install one of these.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 09:52 AM

The speaker feedback thing might be fun to try. You could also grab an ebow, but it may not get you what you're after.
Greg
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 12:32 PM

That may work but real tube feedback sounds better than "modeled" feedback!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 12:35 PM

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 02:13 PM

Before I got my POD I used to use the recording output of my Mark IV into my computer and I had trouble with too much feedback. I had a set of cheap computer speakers and something about them made my pickups feed back a ton.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 03:20 PM

It'll be tough to get feedback from small speakers no matter what, but you can definitely get feedback from the POD. It's just a matter of cranking it through something loud enough.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
It'll be tough to get feedback from small speakers no matter what, but you can definitely get feedback from the POD. It's just a matter of cranking it through something loud enough.
Nah, it's just a matter of distance. My Nomad gets feedback easily with a 3" speaker. Of course, it's located right under the strings... ;-)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Maybe I'll try and sit directly in front of the speakers and crank them wide open. I usually record at night when everyone asleep, but I can adjust my schedule.

Maybe I'll just buy my dad's old Peavey tube rig from him. Run the POD through that and into my soundcard. Maybe I'll blow my computer to smithereens...who knows??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode