Fender Twin Reverb - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Talking Fender Twin Reverb

Have any of you guys (or gals) had much experience with 'em?
Ive been looking for a nice amp for a while now and I must say this one's tone is simply brilliant.
I worked my behind off all summer to save for rig ugrades, so I really need some other opinions before i make this kind of investment =D

Thanks In advance folks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Re: Fender Twin Reverb

I like 'em. I have a Fender Super Reverb that sounds a lot like a twin. Great clean, lots of power, sounds nice with all kinds of pedals.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 18

It depends on which one you're referring to. My uncle has a 70's one and its tone is simply superb. I haven't tested a reissue one but I'm sure it's made to sound just like the original. I would get it IMO.

Jimmy
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM

I had a guitar teacher that was a fanatic about them. They're awesome amps, they have great tone, I would go for it. I happen to have a 1976 Fender Super Twin, and its got amazing cleans...Its 180 watts though so I don't get it loud enough to distort very often.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
It depends on which one you're referring to. My uncle has a 70's one and its tone is simply superb. I haven't tested a reissue one but I'm sure it's made to sound just like the original. I would get it IMO.

Jimmy
This particular one is a '65 remake
I have stumbled across a few used authentic 1970's models but the price tags frightened me a bit =D
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM

The '65 Twin RI has been something I've been drooling over for a while now.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrocity91 View Post
This particular one is a '65 remake
I have stumbled across a few used authentic 1970's models but the price tags frightened me a bit =D
'65 reissue is probably a better sounding amp than the 1970's ones in any case - the old "Blackface" Fender amps from the early to mid sixties were renowned for their stellar clean tones and even breakup as they start to saturate. The Seventies Twins were actually designed to run a lot cleaner and louder - as a consequence they tend to be a bit thinner sounding than the Blackface Fenders

They are pretty much a benchmark tone monster.

Having said that, I chose the Vox AC30 Custom Classic over a Twin - simply because I prefer the intrinsic Vox tone - give one a try if you can - very different than a Twin, but again, an absolute classic Tone monster, and the new Vox's are very good indeed!

Cheers

David
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM

my aunt lives in santa fe, she's a harpist. make sure you play it loud enough for her to hear from across town ^^
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 11:43 AM

I have a '65 Reverb Reissue (1x12, 22wtts) and would take the '65 Reverb Reissue Twin over the Standard Twin for tone and the awesomne tube reverb. I'd like eventually get the twin version of the '65 myself at some point.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:29 PM

I've played through hundreds of twins, and most are really nice. Occasionally you find a bad one, but rarely. Occasionally you find one worth trading your car for. Beautiful warm tubey cleans. I haven't looked at Fender's site in ages, can you get a Twin head these days? I might be interested in one of those...

Tags
clean tone , fender super reverb , tone monster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode