Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Finally nailed it (bedroom amp content)

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  microdmitry 
#1 ·
Picked up an old Peavey combo last weekend, it's a Studio Chorus 210 (2x10 combo.) The distortion channel is noisy as hell but that doesn't matter because... you use a Pod XT Live for your gain :)

So I've got it set up to get the sparking cleans of the actual amp (by having a completely clear channel, no effects, amp models, etc.) and then the modelling of the Pod does the rest.

Really REALLY happy with the results and would recommend this to anyone looking for the ultimate bedroom setup since you can get practically any tone you're looking for. As an added extra, the combo is loud and powerful enough for small gigs! Seriously, it's been a LONG time since I've actually pined to play whenever I think of the guitar and this setup does just that :)

So it looks like solidstate plus tube emulation is the way to go. Those old Peavey amps put some of the newer gear to shame (Line 6 Spider comes to mind.) Just beware of the *FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF* on the distortion channel ;)

Seriously, if you don't know what bedroom amp to get, this is a KILLER setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.