Found in a garden shed... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Found in a garden shed...

My drummer who lives over the road from me was clearing out his garden shed yesterday, and found in there an ancient effects pedal. It's made by Sola Sound and is called a "Tonebender Fuzz". I don't have pics right now but it looks like this:

I've done a little research and found out that it's the mark III version and was an effect used at one time or another by players like Pete Townshend and Jimmy Page. I was wondering if anybody here who might be into vintage effects pedals knows what it's worth? I can't find any pedal of the same model for sale anywhere, though there is one similar (made by Vox - 220166430206) on **** for $1550 (!).

We tried it out on my rig and it's not working at the moment, the soldering on the black battery wire has come away so we're going to fix that. Otherwise, it all looks in order. Inside the casing it's stamped 'April 1976'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Re: Found in a garden shed...

Wow - we went through my parents shed when they bought the new house and all we found was tetanus . . .

Just kidding. But no guitars pedals. Just some rusty old weights.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

treasure
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 AM

I've always promise myself if I ever earn a lot of money through music, I'll collect vintage pedals and guitars Cool pedal indeed!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Sorry double post
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
Wow - we went through my parents shed when they bought the new house and all we found was tetanus . . .
LMAO

Cool find though (the pedal that is )
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm not sure how much that particular one is worth, but as far as I know, those are very rare. Fulltone makes a copy of the Tone-Bender called the Soul-Bender, so you know it's rare if it deserves a copy by Fulltone.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 11:58 AM

Wow finding treasure! How cool!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 AM

Someone like ashbass *might* now. He builds replicas (?) of old-style effects pedals.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:33 AM

slightly off original thread... but when I cleared out my grandfathers house after he passed away I found just short of 3 grand (pounds not dolalrs) in an envelope sellotaped to the underside of a drawer.

Only found it when I was removing the drawers of the cabinet prior to the second hand store guys coming to take it away....

Then it was computers I was into so I bought a 486 with a 4mb upgrade to make it 8mb!!!! - which cost me £1100. Ahh that was the early 90's... memories.

Now it'd be a G-system and a little Cornford I think
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
slightly off original thread... but when I cleared out my grandfathers house after he passed away I found just short of 3 grand (pounds not dolalrs) in an envelope sellotaped to the underside of a drawer.
Heh same here We found £2k on top of the fridge, it all fell out all over the kitchen floor when we were clearing out the kitchen. We found loads of conkers he collected in his wardrobes too
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

Cool stories guys, it must be an amazing feeling to just find a big wad of cash like that

Unfortunately for me, it was my drummer's find, so it's his money if he sells it. But let's hope he puts it back into the band so we can get something nice for ourselves.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
Cool stories guys, it must be an amazing feeling to just find a big wad of cash like that

Unfortunately for me, it was my drummer's find, so it's his money if he sells it. But let's hope he puts it back into the band so we can get something nice for ourselves.
hopefully he will mate!

What do you think you'll do with it? Have it repaired by someone like Pedalmods?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
JA

Popular with David Gilmour (ala pink floyd) during the dark side of the moon and animals tours... they are in production again by the original maker for about 300-400 bucks. An original (im sure) will be the same as an original tube screamer versus the re-issues - worth MUCH more.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Cool find! If you want to sell it let me know. I am in to those pedals and could fix it. Just PM me if you like. Let me know what you want for it. Thanks.

Daniel
Port City Amps

Tags
david gilmour , jimmy page , pink floyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

who made "fire garden" "album cover"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode