free fender - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
free fender

Hey guys, this is kinda funny, but my cousin(well, my wife's cousin)just gave me a fender blues deluxe amp. I f'ing love this amp. I've had my rivera and my marshalls and whatnot and for an all around great amp, I gotta saY I love this fender. The clean 'little wing' tone is there, even with a schecter hellraiser with emg's.(switched from 85 to bridge, 81 in the neck). All I really feel I need now is a great distortion pedal and a wah(535q preferably) Now, honestly I'm a bit(more than a bit) tipsy, so I hope the grammar and whatnot is correct. Grey Goose is the devil...
So anyway, this amp sounds great clean and the 'dirty' channel is ok for some rythm tones, but the lead tones on the dirty channel with a great distortion/od pedal are great. Hoenestly, this amp sounds great even with an old boss me-30 sounds pretty good for distorted and delay tones.
So this amp would be good/great even if it wasn't free...but it is. I dig it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 AM

Re: free fender

Is blues deluxe the same as the hot rod deluxe? If so I can't say I agree too much. The cleans are decent, not a twin or deluxe reverb, but decent. I can't stand the hot rod dirty channels though. With some nice pedals it could probably work though

Free hot rod is better than nothing
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:12 AM

Sounds like someone needs a Fulldrive and Crybaby from hell
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood42 View Post
Is blues deluxe the same as the hot rod deluxe? If so I can't say I agree too much. The cleans are decent, not a twin or deluxe reverb, but decent. I can't stand the hot rod dirty channels though. With some nice pedals it could probably work though

Free hot rod is better than nothing
No, different amps.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

no, the hot rod deluxe is a 'dirtier' amp, it's got black tolex with a silverface, the blues deluxe is also a 40w tube driven 112, but a tweed amp. I think the cleans on the blues deluxe are a bit better than the hot rod(but the year of the amp matters too) this is an older amp I think it's from the 90's. I'm not sure how to read the serial numbers on fenders for year and such. Anyway yeah I'll probably pick up a 535q again (loved mine) and look for a good tube od/distortion pedal.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texshred777 View Post
no, the hot rod deluxe is a 'dirtier' amp, it's got black tolex with a silverface, the blues deluxe is also a 40w tube driven 112, but a tweed amp. I think the cleans on the blues deluxe are a bit better than the hot rod(but the year of the amp matters too) this is an older amp I think it's from the 90's. I'm not sure how to read the serial numbers on fenders for year and such. Anyway yeah I'll probably pick up a 535q again (loved mine) and look for a good tube od/distortion pedal.
Oh, I got confused because fender lists it as part of the 'hot rod' series

Tags
distortion pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode