G Force v/s GTR 4000... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

G Force v/s GTR 4000...

Please tell me what do you think...Thanks for all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 02:44 PM

Eventides are king of the hill, if you like creating your own algorithms and unique fx, the eventide will allow you to do this. It is capable of every effect known to man.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Are you sure? Some people told me that the Eventide has the presets ready and you canīt edit or mix them ,if that true?and that donīt work for live situacions because they have a delay when you change the preset via midi.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 07:06 PM

All the presets on eventides are totally tweakable, meaning you can edit all the parameters in whatever fx modules are involved in the preset/program.

As for live situations, there is a 1 or 2 second delay in switching from program to program, but you can set up your presets where you have all the fx modules in one program for whatever song you are playing, and then set each of those effects up so you can switch them on/off with your midi foot switch controller. There is no delay in this.
So you could easily have, say 6 or 8 (or more) effects that you can simply switch on/off in one program. It's like a virtual pedalboard. Know what i'm sayin?

But the power in the eventide is that you are not limited or stuck with the presets that come on it....you can literally build your own fx from scratch and create sounds that noone has created before.

The GTR4000 to my understanding is the unit to get if you play guitar because the presets are made with the guitarist in mind. You wont have to tweak as much to get a great guitar fx/sound, unless you want to create your own presets.
with all other fx units, youre stuck with the algorithms they come with. But some ppl don't mind this.......i hear the G-force is a great unit.

If you don't think you'll ever create your own fx or presets....then the eventide may be overkill for you.....you would be satisfied with the G-force.

But eventides are beyond everything else because you can go past the presets and make your own unique fx.

Tags
foot switch , midi foot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode