G-Major and Behringer FCB1010 - HELP! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

G-Major and Behringer FCB1010 - HELP!

OK Guys,
I've just gotten a TC Electronic G-Major and a Behringer FCB1010 and am having a hell of a time with these things.

I'm not the greatest with midi by any means, but I can do enough to get it to half assed work.

I don't have any presets yet, so I've reset each unit to factory presets (although I'm not sure if I've done it right for the Behringer...).

What I want is this:
I want to be able to change patches with the FCB1010 in my User patches range of the G-Major, that's fine, I can make it do that.
My problem is with the two CC pedals on the FCB1010 - When I raise or lower the volume, it changes patches back and forth between 1 and 2, then if the second CC pedal changes from patches 28 to 6...
It jumps from pattern to pattern and I don't know how to make it stop, anybody have any ideas??

Anybody else that has this setup and has it working, I'd sure appreciate some help.

Seems like the CC's on the FCB1010 are jumping thru patches instead of actually sending CC signals... ??

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 08:48 AM

I have a G-Major but not the Behringer. Sounds like you have a programming problem. I've heard the the Behringer is a real pain to program. It might be best to go over to their Yahoo user group and ask this question there. Reading the manual over and over will help too.

I use a Rocktron MidiMate with mine and just to change presets. It's a piece of cake.

Good luck

Rob
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 09:19 AM

Im pretty sure i recall seeing on harmony central under user reviews somewhere that there can be some serious compataility issues between those 2. But i also remember that somone posted a fix to these problems on there too.

Look under the foot controller page of the gmajor page in cant remember which.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 02:51 PM

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:16 PM

What kind of controller are you using?
All that stuff should be done from your footboard and not from the unit. The only thing that you want to do is set the midi channel on the 2 units, then program the foot controller to tell the units what to do.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 05:58 AM

the FCB1010 is a foot controller. im pretty sure FCB = foot controller board :P

Tags
behringer fcb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode