G-Major - JMP-1 mapping issue - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

G-Major - JMP-1 mapping issue

Here's my midi/signal path:

FCB1010 > JMP-1 > G-Major (then out to Marshall 8008 poweramp)

I want to use the FCB1010 to send program changes to the JMP-1 and G-Major simultaneously. For example: FCB pedal 01 selects preset 23 on the JMP-1 and preset 07 on the G-Major. FCB pedal 02 selects preset 17 on the JMP-1 and preset 49 on the G-Major etc.

I've programmed the FCB1010 to send program changes to the JMP-1, no problem there. I'm trying to map the PC changes thru the JMP-1 to the G-Major, big problem there.
The G-Major is a recent replacement for a Quadraverb, in that set up I used the JMP-1 output mapping to send program changes to the Quadraverb and had no problem.

I can't get the GMajor to accept the program changes I map thru the JMP-1. It changes programs, but it changes to the corresponding JMP-1 preset. example: FCB pedal 01 selects JMP-1 preset 23 as desired but G-Major also changes to preset 23 rather than 17 as mapped.

I assume I have something in the G-Major Midi menu set incorrectly, just don't know what. I've tried different settings but no luck...

I'd appreciate any help you can give, thanks in advance,
john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 AM

Re: G-Major - JMP-1 mapping issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9red9
Here's my midi/signal path:

FCB1010 > JMP-1 > G-Major (then out to Marshall 8008 poweramp)

I want to use the FCB1010 to send program changes to the JMP-1 and G-Major simultaneously. For example: FCB pedal 01 selects preset 23 on the JMP-1 and preset 07 on the G-Major. FCB pedal 02 selects preset 17 on the JMP-1 and preset 49 on the G-Major etc.

I've programmed the FCB1010 to send program changes to the JMP-1, no problem there. I'm trying to map the PC changes thru the JMP-1 to the G-Major, big problem there.
The G-Major is a recent replacement for a Quadraverb, in that set up I used the JMP-1 output mapping to send program changes to the Quadraverb and had no problem.

I can't get the GMajor to accept the program changes I map thru the JMP-1. It changes programs, but it changes to the corresponding JMP-1 preset. example: FCB pedal 01 selects JMP-1 preset 23 as desired but G-Major also changes to preset 23 rather than 17 as mapped.

I assume I have something in the G-Major Midi menu set incorrectly, just don't know what. I've tried different settings but no luck...

I'd appreciate any help you can give, thanks in advance,
john
That's weird! I bought a JMP-1 last week and use it with my G-Major just the same way as you (FCB1010 -> JMP-1 Midi in -> JMP-1 midi out-> G-major midi in) but I haven't had any problems with the mapping on the JMP-1... Since you've changed the midi output channel from the JMP-1 right, I have no idea what could be causing this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 AM

Why do it that way? Run the JMP and the G-Major on different channels, use the "midi through" on the JMP and use the FCB to send more than one programme change. Saves all that messing about with mapping.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman
Why do it that way? Run the JMP and the G-Major on different channels, use the "midi through" on the JMP and use the FCB to send more than one programme change. Saves all that messing about with mapping.
Agreed. The beauty of programming each device independently is that it'll make your life easier if you ever want to swap out one component some day (e.g., if you sell the JMP to get a Triaxis, you won't need to program the Triaxis to control the TC, since the TC will be controlled directly by the foot controller).

The method originally described is fine, necessary if you have a relatively non-intelligent (non-programmable) MIDI controller. But given the flexibility of the Behringer, you might as well let it do the majority of the work for you.

--B
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Reviews: 34

I have had a similar minor issue with my JMP-1 into a behringer virtualiser. The jmp-1 uses a zero patch, whereas everything else uses 1 as the first patch. Therefore when I select patch 1 on the rocktron foot controller I get 0 on the jmp-1 but 1 on the virtualiser.

I know I could do mapping etc, but to be honest I just work around it.

Tags
midi controller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode